Chapter 11

Izzy's POV

I killed the Vechicon that had been watching over us easily. He laid, sprawled, on the ground with one leg melted off. Energon trickled from his wounds. I sighed with relief. That Vechicon was fast. Luckily, he was also clumsy, which made it easy to stab him.

During the battle, I heard Amanda and Miko arguing about how they're going to get off the table. But now everything was quiet. Too quiet. I raised my sword and slowly crept around the table. That's when I saw a glimpse of purple, and the form of a Vechicon took shape.

The Vechicon loomed over my two friends. I knew Miko would try to fight the Vechicon if she could. Amanda...would just freeze with fear. Which wouldn't help. Sprawled on the floor, I couldn't tell if Amanda was conscious. Miko was slowly dragging herself backward, her eyes wide as she stared up.

The Vechicon was taking all of this in and was ready to attack. But he didn't see me. Quiet as a mouse, I tip-toed over to his leg. Miko saw me and opened her mouth, but I made a gesture over my lips. She just shot me a confused look. Which also made the Vechicon confused and turned to look behind him. I muttered "Scrap!" underneath my breath and lunged toward him.

The Vechicon was too slow. Within some minutes, he laid slammed against the wall with my sword in his chassis. Miko got up from the ground and brushed herself off while I pulled my sword out. "So, uh, thanks for saving me," Miko said. I shrugged. "It's no big deal," I said. Miko suddenly broke into a grin and she shook her head.

"No, really, thanks! How did you even find enough energy to jump that high after that fight with the other 'con?" She asked. I shrugged again. To be honest, once I had my hands on my sword, I felt a new surge of energy flow inside me. It's kinda hard to describe...like I'm on a sugar rush but I can control myself in a calmer way.

"Is she ok?" I asked as I jumped off the Vechicon. "Who?" Miko asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Amanda," I said. "Oh! Uh, yea...I think," Miko said. I chuckled as I walked over to Amanda. "You think? I like that answer," I said. I nudged Amanda's shoulder. Her eyelids fluttered open and she raised herself up quickly. "What did I miss?" She asked. "How long was I out? Is anyone hurt?" "Umm...," I wasn't prepared to ask those questions. Luckily, Miko spoke for me.

"Izzy just snuffed a 'con's spark out. Um, I would say you were out for 10 minutes? And no ones hurt," Miko said. Amanda nodded. I held out my hand and she took it, struggling to stand. "Ugh...," Amanda rubbed the side of her head. "I have a headache." "I'll check out your wounds once we get back to base," I said. I was about to ask Miko where Ratchet was when her eyes suddenly widened.

"Ratchet!" She yelled and bolted. "Ok...," I muttered as me and Amanda followed more slowly. "I guess we'll find about my guardian in a second." Amanda nodded, but said nothing.

We stumbled down the hallway when I saw a familiar Transformer. That's when he turned around and smirked. My mouth dropped open. Quickly, I laid Amanda down on the floor and drew out my sword. Coolly, Knockout said, "Now, dear Lizzy, don't do that to me. Your guardian is already dead." I froze, staring at him in horror and disbelief.

Ratchet was dead? But...he couldn't be! Knockout had to be playing some kind of joke! Right? I slowly lowered my sword, glaring at Knockout. "You know," I said. "I know you're lying. It's not hard to tell." "Really?" Knockout said and raised an optic ridge. "And how do you suddenly know all of a Transformer's expressions?"

"Oh, I learned from the best. Want to meet him? He's right behind you," I said. Catching on to what I was doing, Knockout turned to defend hisself, but it was too late. Ratchet reeled his servo backwards and punched Knockout's face so hard I almost felt sorry for him. Wait, no I didn't...the 'con deserved it.