Chapter 6

"Thank you again Gemma and Josh!" I hollered my thanks down the hall after the two left, who politely smiled and once again waved it off with a simple nod. The pair had been nice enough to help me bring in the several boxes of supplies I had ordered and into the lab. Now I could finally get some real work done, I don't plan on staying here long at all and now that I've got my equipment I can act on that self-promise. 

I pulled out a black laptop from one of the boxes from my old lab and opened it up. It took less than five minutes to hook it up to the specimen scanner but 15 minutes for me to find a writing utensil so record my findings on file. I wasn't aloud to keep them electronically because my boss was paranoid they would be completely wiped away on accident. Which was ridiculous to think a scientist of my standing could do such a stupid thing but I went on with the rules anyways and continued my search for a pen or pencil. "I have so many other things I could be happily wasting my time on and this is not one of them" I grumbled lowly to myself as I opened yet another drawer. 

"Like masturbating and reading porn mags" 

I whipped around at the sound of his voice, slamming the drawer I just opened, shut. I straightened my back and brushed off my lab coat in an attempt to regain my composure. I cleared my throat before speaking in hopes my voice would sound lower and less startled from his comment. Harry wore a smug grin on his lips as he leaned his side against the door fame. The way his arms were crossed seemed to visually enlarge his chest and biceps, along with having one leg crossed in front of the other causally he was the epitome of the male species. It made me feel much more inferior to the strange boy than our earlier encounters. "I- uh no, I mean reading a book is a better waste of time or going for a walk" 

"I know, I was just having a laugh mate, chill"  Harry turned around after that, and I followed without hesitation- for once when around him- and called over.

"Would you by chance have a pencil?" I asked as I followed behind his slow walking form. Harry never actually answered, instead he popped open the door directly across from the lab and entered it. The entire room was illuminated in a deep red color making me halt at the door. The action also stopped me from walking right into a clothes line of photographs all pinned up around the ceiling. The image confused me for a moment before I realized what this was. 

"you sure like to be places you shouldn't be don't ya? What was it you wanted again?" Harry spoke up. My eyes trailed around the room before finding him pining up another picture, I would have paid no mind to it had it not looked so familiar. Familiar as in that photo is of my face.

"I-I wanted a p-penc- I'm sorry but is that my face?" The words sputtered out like ice, I was shocked. Why was my face in collection? I recognized it from when we were in the meadow. I had been right about him watching me, but I hadn't guessed Id become part of his collection. 

"Pencil?" was all he replied, moving towards me once again and grabbing something from the table pushed against the wall closest to me. He stopped just a foot away, his tall figure looming over me. Despite having to look up at him I held my ground as best I could but the strong smell of flowers and musk falling from his skin was hard to ignore and his dark eyes were much more intimidating than his height. Especially since the sadness I found inside them once before was covered like a shield of darkness to keep me out completely.