Chapter 7

I pulled myself quickly from his firm grip and stumbled backwards, fixing my lab coat in the process to comfort myself. "S-sorry about that" I stuttered profusely, my eyes finding the floor in a hurry as my heart continued to palpitate from the shock of my fall. My throat was parched and aching as my eyes fell back to watching his bright and lively green eyes. His brow was slightly furrowed, creating a line between them. 

"Are you alright?" his voice was unyielding and solemn making a shiver run down my spine. Would I sound completely idiotic to admitting I thought is voice was undoubtedly exquisite. 

"I'm fine, thank you Harry" he nodded once, and let his arms fall. They had been stuck in the same position he had caught me in for the past minute. "I should get back to work now" I stated anxiously, spinning on my feet and almost causing myself to faint from the sudden,too -quick movement. The fall still shocked me and Harry catching myself even more so.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Harry questioned, upon catching my slightly stumble. I gripped onto the nearest counter until my knuckles turned white and my balanced was once again restored.

"I'm fine" I wasn't feeble or weak, just in a state of incapability for a short moment. My thoughts recollected themselves routinely and I began to work silently once again. Ignoring the heating in my pale cheeks as well. This time Harry only watched, no camera clicks and I wondered if maybe he had left at some times because he was so utterly quiet. But he was still there, comfortably perched on one of the stools surrounding the many lab tables, a quirky half hidden smile masked onto his rosy lips. For some reason it didn't feel completely awkward after that. Just comfortable silence remained, but the silence lasted only for the day. 

The following day Harry was much more keen on accompanying myself as I worked. He was widely interested on what it was that I did, watching each action with such a fierce curiosity I felt rather important to him for the first time upon being here. Harry had always seemed so completely precious in his own strange way but also very wretched and it made him all the more unique in my eyes. Something I wanted to explore further, but I wasn't sure how. It also made myself a tab bit inferior, how did someone remotely like him even exist on this earth? There was no science I knew of to answer that question.

"Your flower is going to die soon" he voiced easily. Despite the spacious room and the ability to seat himself wherever he like, Harry hovered beside me, watching my every move with his childlike curiosity. 

"I'm very aware of that fact, thank you" I retorted coolly. "I'll find another in the next day or so. The specimen is very precious so I do not wish to use a lot of it" I reasoned.

"There are tons of those flowers out there you know, I don't see how the world hasn't known of these yet." he remarked, his fingers were dancing across the pristine white lab table we occupied now.

"Well finding out why the rest of the world hasn't seen these flowers is what I''m supposed to find out actually"

"Seems like a  lame way to spend your days" he hummed, his rosy lips closing at the end as his eyebrow raised, half expecting me to agree. I mimicked him in a slightly joking manner.

"Says the boy  who takes pictures for a living"

"It's an art" Harry mocked, a slight smiled adorning his features. "I bet you couldn't take pictures as well as I do"

"That's not my job so I do not care, art's are foolish anyway." I stated formally, as if I was reciting it by my fathers own words. I had once wished to do something with the arts, I had quite the nag for wanting to sing when I was a young boy but my father quickly diminished the idea. Telling me that could never be an option for a boy, I was to be strong and smart, to play sports and have an above average intellect. 

"foolish?" Harry scoffed. "And researching silly flowers isn't?"

"No, it's science" 

Harry rolled his eyes at my comments and retorted irritably in a quiet voice "My father used to sound just like you, right before mum died." he grunted. "ridiculous, you types are all the same" he continued a bit louder. "All accomplished in your little words, conservative in your views until something awful happens and you're forced to look at the world in a different light. "

I didn't respond. I couldn't because I hadn't the faintest idea how to reply. My awkward moment of misery was short lived as an eager looking Mico entered the room. "Doctor Tomlinson! I finally found something simi- Oh! Mr.Styles, so sorry to interrupt I didn't know you were here. I-I'll leave" the young maid quickly bowed as a sign of respect and began to turn away but I stopped her. 

"Mico it's alright, please -do come in. I'd love to hear of your discovery. Mr.Styles is just observing." I sent Harry a minuscule smile but he only waved it off.

"Actually, I have all I need today. I'll be off" Harry interrupted. I silently swore that had to be a lie, he hadn't taken a single photo today. "See you tomorrow Louis" He used his fingers to tip his fedora as he went. I couldn't will myself to even respond. He was so strange. Had I insulted him? I did, didn't I? The outline of his back disappeared across the hall and into the little dark room i had recently discovered. His lone existence was just extraordinary. 

"I'm sorry Mico" I apologized quickly after falling out of my daydream. "What did you find?"

A/N: Please vote and comment? <3 I'm sorry this is so short, next update will come faster to make up for it. I promise xx.