Chapter Fourteen

Leave inline Comments

Ella Mai - Naked

Chapter Fourteen

Bright

Harley Bleu

Harley Bleu

I sat in bed listing to Naked by Ella Mai just letting her lyrics touch my soul in ways that nobody will ever truly understand. I finally knew what it truly meant to have somebody love me naked in not in a physical way but mentally and spiritually. Over these past few months living with Lucas has taught me a lot. I'm learned how to love myself in way I never thought I would just because of how I was treated growing up. My self love is what gets me through most days especially when I'm feeling down about myself. No getting adopted didn't changed a lot of how I viewed life or let alone myself or situation but it's helped me learn that just cause life dealt me this fuck up hand of cards that truly had made me want to give up on life doesn't mean I have to or that life will always be bad that some good can actually come out of all of the shitty things I've dealt with.

Inhaled a deep breathe of air I climbed out of bed and walked to the mirror hanging up behind my bedroom door and just admired myself for once. I was taking in all my natural beauty, the good the bad and the ugly. I'm far from perfect shit my life is beyond far from perfect but every day it gets better and better. I wrapped my arms around myself and just embraced myself purely for who I am. As the song started to come to an end I smiled to myself in the mirror, proud of myself for not letting all the bad things in my life ever bring me down.

••••••

Narrator

Narrator

Things for Harley were finally starting to turn around. She was finally letting go of her past and moving forward and opening up to new things and new views of life. It was definitely a sight to see, she went from being this fragile girl who wasn't sure if she was meant to live her life or breeze through hoping that one day she would find herself or her purpose in life to being the young woman she always dreamed of becoming. The more good Harley seen in her current life the more she thought back to what Lucas said about her going to go see her mother in prison and forgiving her so that she could move on with her life. Granted Harley has been through more than her fair share of pain but her nothin forgiving her mother doesn't help the situation at all. As for Lucas he seemed to be so much happier than he has been in a very long time, Harley makes Lucas feel like even after everything that has happened to him she makes it easy for him to allow love back into his life.

Harley Bleu

I inhaled a deep breathe of air as I pulled my phone out of my hoodie pocket and answered the incoming call I was getting from the prison my mother is in.

"Hello." I mumbled playing with the strings to my hoodie

"Harley, sweetie I'm surprised you answered." She said in a cheerful tone

"Honestly mom, I don't even know why I answered because I don't even know what to say to much." I said hearing my voice crack a little

"That's okay just listen to me than. Harley I promise you I never intended for your life to be that is, if I could take it back I would. Sadly I cant and for that i am extremely sorry. But please tell me how have you been lately, The last i spoke to Maria she told me you got adopted ? " She said with a hint of sadness lace in her voice

"Yes, I was officially adopted a few months ago by a lawyer, He lost his wife and unborn daughter 17 years ago. His name is Lucas Whitte, he is really great and makes me feel like im the luckiest girl alive to have a father Rilke him." I said smiling as i thought of Lucas and all that he has done for me

"Harley I have to go I will call you soon." She said hanging up before i could respond

I signed heavy as I sat my phone down on the night stand, sometimes i really wish i knew half of what goes through my mothers head because i truly don't understand why she hong up the phone so quickly like I was barely done telling her about how my life is so different now but I guess she has more important things to do than to listen to me tell her about how much my life has changed in just a few short months.