Chapter 1

"Dad, will Hermione and her parents be coming to the reunion this year?"asked 21 year old Ashley, already knowing he answer.

"Yes, but your Aunt Monica said that Hermione might be a little late because she has work," replied Ashley's dad.

Ashley's mouth dropped with shock. She hadn't seen her cousin in ten years.  She probably hadn't changed much from the buck toothed beaver cousin she knew from ten years ago. Ashley smirked at the thought. Ashley looked quite different from her cousin. Though she had brown hair, it was pin straight, and she had dull blue eyes, not the honey color of Hermione's. Ashley wore clothes that were barely decent, and even made her father flinch when he saw her. She had always been the gossip, and had passed school with C's and B's at best. Not that she cared. Ashley planned on marrying for money, just like her older sister, Jenna, planned on doing.

Jenna, 23, looked exactly like her younger sister, though she dressed at least a little decanter, but not by much.

Ashley faked a smile and said,"That's great!". She didn't want her dorky cousin ruining her image.

The reunion was to be held at the Emerald Hotel. A luxurious hotel, with prices quite high, or so she had heard. She couldn't wait. There would be plenty of rich, famous people there. Maybe, just maybe, she could snatch one to be her own. She grinned at the thought.

"Ashley, come on. We're leaving!" bellowed her mother. Ashley rolled her eyes, and started dragging her  suitcase across the wooden floors of her parents house, making obnoxious scrapping noises all the while.

She felt the bite of the cold as soon as she stepped outside. Wearing nothing but a short, tight, pale blue skirt, and an equally small, if not even more revealing white crop top that barely covered anything and showed plenty of cleavage, you could say she hadn't dressed for the weather. Her hair was down, providing at least some coverage for her neck, and was filled with hairspray. Her face was sporting bright, bright red lipstick, lots of eyeliner, and plenty of other stuff. Least to say, she looked like she couldn't stop putting on the make up. Her sister was in a similar get up, only with a pink skirt, and an actual shirt. Though the shirt showed even more cleavage than Ashley's. The family of four got into the 2016 Ford Fusion and began the three hour drive the the Emerald Hotel.

----------------------------------------------
Two Days Earlier

Hermione Malfoy was in the parlor, sipping her morning coffee when the letter came. The owl flew through the open window, blocking the morning sunrise for a mere moment. It landed on the arm of Hermione's chair and pecked her arm affectionately. Hermione smiled at the light brown owl and took the envelope from it. Her eyes widened as she read the note from her mother.

Dear Hermione,

You must come to the Granger family reunion this year! Your Aunt has been asking where you've been non stop. Your Grandmother misses you very much, and would love to see you. Please come, for your mother??? It will be held December 10th at the Emerald Hotel. Doesn't Draco own that one? Hopefully see you there.

                           Love,
                               Your Mother, Monica

Hermione stared at he letter for a few more minutes before getting up from her chair and fetching a treat for her mothers owl, paper, and a quill and ink.

Dear Mother,

Though I don't particularity enjoy my cousins, I will attend. Besides, maybe they have changed. I miss grandmother too! Plus, how could I ever say no to you. See you and Dad December 10th.

                           Love,
                                 Hermione