4 - will you be my +1?

a/n sorry restarting this chapter pfft kms and yes i am passing pidge as a female in this because of the pronouns she uses in the show, I know lots of people use they/them, i feel a need after the gender reveal that i should use female pronouns, mainly because she didn't say "im a girl,,, but i want to be a guy" or something. lay off. and i did most of this in one sitting take that old teachers who say i take too long *ROASTED* I am doing this before camp, which is a week w/o wifi goddang how did i survive 5 years of this camp????? god,.,.,. so ya take this piece of crap gonna be unedited, leave me with some comments :3*seaweed arms* *throws confetti* :3

"Pidge! Oh my god!" Keith yelled as he saw the shorter girl in a NASA sweater approach him, he hadn't been so relieved to see the salty girl in ages.
"Yeah, yeah, what do you want." She snapped back.
"Help"
"Ah ok." She sat on a bench.
"So you know how I'm around Lance a lot?"
She nods
"Yeah, he vents to me a lot"
blanke stare

"I can't stretch how bad I feel right now." he said, tugging lightly at his hair. "I just don't know how to comfort people. I was never comforted by my parents, or my siblings.. I just need help." He stuttered, spitting out a few words.

"You know Keith, I'm not even being sarcastic here. You need to ask. Him. What's. Up." She said, hitting her fist and palm together while saying her last four words. "He'll burst if he-"

"Already did that."

"What!?" she said looking at him with wide eyes.

"Yep, I took him to the beach, and he just kinda broke?"

"KEITH!"

"w-what?!"

"He trusts you and not us. He's always talking fondly of you and how you manage to keep a smile on his face and other gay stuff, but-"

Keith rolled his eyes as he slapped the younger girl on the back as he stood up.

"But Keith really! You should hang out with him more. He feels like he can trust you, you know about the glasses and hair right" She said adjusting her glasses

"Yeah I do..." Keith thought for a second, a smile trapping his lips, it was unescapable. "He might keep the hair by the way- BYE" Keith said as he ran off, getting chased by the smaller female.

"WAIT WHY!?" She said. Keith halting and sliding onto the nearest bench.

"I complimented it" he gave a smirk.

Pidge nudged Keith and said "Aah buddy, I knew it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith made his way back to his dorm room, where Shiro was probably. Keith got to the room right as he was leaving.

"Oh Keith, I was just about to ask you, do you think its a good time to as-"

"Not now, buddy, ask me later. Good luck with Matt!" Keith said winking, and basically reading Shiro's mind. Shiro gave a nod and walked away.

Keith got into the dorm room and let out a sigh, flopping on to his bed. [a/n its confirmed Keith's a seal △] he took out his phone, seeing as he had a few snapchat notifications.

"Probably just people sending out streaks or something." he thought as he slid right on a snap from Pidge. There was a video of her going through the leaves of the community garden, well her phone at least. Through the vines were 6 letters. "klance" "what does tha- oh." Keith laughed and sent a snap back saying "pid i hate you go away".

He had streak messages from Allura, Shiro, Coran, Hunk, Pidge and Lance. He opened Lances' last, only to see that he had sent some messages too.

lancelot: hey thanks for earlier, i kinda needed it ha

lancelot: oh btw, hunk pidge and i are going to a bonfire tonight with some high school friends, wanna be my +1? :P

keef: yw and sure

lancelot: :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keith let himself drift into a sleep, napping for only about an hour he heard a knock on his door, believe it or not, it was Pidge!

"Keith the bonfire is literally in 30 minutes move your overdramatic ass" *a/n sorry had to*

"Oh quiznak, let me change okay?" He said, gesturing her in, "Sit on Shiro's bed, I'll go into the bathroom." He said, grabbing a whole lot of black out of his so-called dresser. He bolted to the bathroom, put the clothes on, washed his face with some water, and headed to pidge.

"Might want to brush your hair mullet man." Keith rolled his eyes at Pidge's unwanted statement. He ran his hands through his hair, looking at Pidge for approval. She shrugged and gave him a thumbs up, and moved her head towards the door.

The two walked to Pidge, Hunk and Lances' dorm which wasn't too far away. Pidge opened the door and yelled "Come on we're leaving, got the mullet, come on hunkoonamatata and ambulance." Keith laughed at the nicknames the 3 had given to each other, "I'm now not mullet man, but just mullet now." he said, jokingly, earning a scoff from Pidge.

"BUT PIDGE! I need to straighten my hair!" Lance yelled, obvious worry in his voice.

"Lance you're fine." Keith said, annoyance was audible in his tone.

"Keith you will never unders-" Lance tried to speak, getting cut off by Keith.

"No, I think I do, try dealing with this thing all day every day." Keith said, Lance walked out, hair was very curly, and made Keith smile. "Good."

Hunk walked out, "Lets go, my dudes!" he said smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hunks' car was actually not that bad, after being told he got it from his dad when he was 15. It had 8 seats, a back, a middle, and passenger and driver. Pidge basically shoved Keith into the back with Lance. Hunk and Pidge sat in the front two seats. Snickering to herself from time to time.

Keith and Lance sat on the sides, Lance on the left and Keith on the right. *a/n has anyone noticed lance is left handed ( i think )* The car was very comfortable actually. It had cushioned seats that weren't leather, and plenty of leg room.

Keith was messing around and put his feet on the seat, which Lance was already doing by sitting like a 7 year old with crossed legs, and put them on Lances' lap.

Lance sighed, but went with it. "Ugh, Keith, your shoes are so worn down... Get some Converse or something." Lance said, sort of sarcastically. He wasn't lying though. His shoes had rubber peeling off on the bottom.

Keith scoffed sarcastically "I've been wearing these shoes for years now, it wouldn't be bad to get some new ones." hearing that come out of his own mouth stung, Lance did have a good point. "I'll wear others, these are just comfortable."

"And so are Ugg boots, but I don't wear them everyday, because we're in Florida, and its hot here." Lance laughed.

Keith scoffed. "At least my shoes match my outfits, I wear like two colours."

"You two bicker like a married couple, Lance just take him out to get shoes jesus." Pidge said, laughing after her sentence.

The rest of the car ride they listened to the American Beauty/American Psycho Fall Out Boy soundtrack, each of them singing along to at least a few songs.

Just like that, the car ride was over. There was around 30 people there, which was a lot for the group to take in. They hadn't been around crowds this big in awhile.

Lance was hesitant to get out, when Keith put a hand on his shoulder and said

"Don't worry, I'm your +1 right? I'll stay by your side."

These words buzzed in Lances head, until they were put in permanent marker on the front lobe of his right brain.

He nodded and stepped out, and so did Keith.

a/n 1336 words <:

im just realizing that i threw off the setting with the beach angst and the arizona, so it was like 3 am and so i meant to put florida haha