8 - my mind is running wild

Pidge answered.

"Keith, I understand you're having a crisis."

"No, Pidge, this is actually me contemplating my brain, which could possibly be worse than any crisis. I just really need someone with open ears."

"Keith, like I said. I'm your wingwoman. I'm all ears."

"Just so you know, you cant repeat this anywhere because it's gonna make me loose all of my trust in you and we will not read conspiracy theories at 3am anymore."

"Jeez, okay. I, Pidge Holt, will not repeat this information."

"Okay, so. Jeez this is going to be hard to put. I had a dream and it left me in a state of complete shock. Lance was about to jump off a bridge."

Pidge's end went silent. Keith spoke again.

"I was freaking out. People were yelling for him to not jump, I was yelling to not jump. Then-" He said, Pidge cut him off.

"Meet me at Honerva's diner in less than 20."

"Okay."

-

Keith didn't hesitate. He snuck back into his dorm, grabbed his car keys and bolted for his car. Pidge, although, did hesitate. Thinking over what just happened. 'Keith's subconscious portrays Lance as suicidal? What the hell does he know that I don't?' She thought.

Someone walked out the door to see Pidge, outside fidgeting with her hands as she muttered nothings to herself.

"Pidge, why are you outside, it's freezing." the voice said as Pidge jumped out of her skin and turned around. It was, coincidentally, Lance.

"Oh, um, it's nothing. I just have some plans I need to get to... at 3am..." She said, stuttering over her words.

"Oh god Pidge, whats up?" He said as he sat her down at the front of the door.

"It's nothing... I'm just going to talk with someone..." She said, still anxious about giving Keith away.

"Pidge. I swear if your getting yourself into something bad and/or illegal I swear I will trace your tracks and find yo-" Lance said as he got cut off by Pidge speaking.

"NO! Lance, it's not illegal. I'm just going to meet up with a friend... Yeah!" She lied, Lance hesitantly replied,

"Pidge. Who is this friend of yours?" He said, giving a truly concerned look.

"It's no one important." She stuttered out. She was lying.

"Pidge I know when you're lying." He said, pausing in between words. "You know like you're the younger sister I never had? I care so much about you and I don't want you getting hurt." he added, putting a hand on her shoulder and frowning.

"FINE! I need to talk to Keith. He's going through a lot right now and I just wanted him to talk to me." She spoke, getting more emotional as she spoke.

"Okay. That was all I needed to know. Just know I care. I don't want to bail you out of jail, okay?" He spat out, laughing at himself. Pidge eventually joining in.

"Thank you Lance." she told him as she hugged him. 

-

She walked in and grabbed her keys and dashed for her car.

Honerva's diner was owned by a nice old woman who was very sweet. She was open late at night for times like these.

-

"Table for two?" Keith said as he didn't pay attention to who he was speaking to.

"Ah, yes." a familiar voice spat, causing Keith to look up in confusion. It was Acxa.