6 - the damn wifi

-Lance

Keith.
Lance never knew how much he cared for Keith until the guy showed some affection to him. During the moments at the beach, Lance realized something: He really liked Keith. No it was not some cheesy "he's so cute!" no, it was like Keith was the Moon. Lance was the tide. Lance could not advance closer to the town without Keith's gravitational force. Lance felt like Keith was a necessity. He needed him to thrive. He needed someone to appreciate his dumb jokes, his signature grin, his tall lanky body, his freckles, his insecurities, his curly hair, his glasses. He needed someone to accept him instead of shun him for his differences.

"Lance" This time it was Keith snapping Lance back into reality.

"Wha-" the brunette said as he jolted his head up, looking towards the smaller boy, "oh, sorry. Lost in thought, you know." he added, sheepishly smiling at Keith. The ravenette only smiled at him and said,
"We're gonna head out."

Lance simply nodded and set his past thoughts and got up.

*

On the car ride back to campus it was past 1am surprisingly. The restaurant was open that long? Yep. It was one of the places where it was open almost all night.

Keith and Lance propped their legs upon each other like they had before. Pidge looked back and shot the two glares with a smug grin. The two instantly put their feet down.

Lance had been extremely tired. He set his head on the middle seat and propped his legs on his seat. He looked back at Keith, somehow extremely flushed, yet unnoticed. Lance smiled, which gave Keith away. His face was now almost as red as a tomato, he turned away and covered his mouth and putting his arm on the window. He couldn't help but smile.

"Keith I know you're gay, don't need to hide that I'm hot just admit it." Lance said, Keith could feel the grin burning gouges into his back. Keith probably couldn't get actual words out of his mouth so he just mumbled "Nmhg no." Causing Lance to smile even wider.

Keith looked back, which I note was a bad idea, to see Lance closer to him.

10 minutes had passed Lance had cut most all of Keith's gay wires, (luckily not the "IM GOING TO PUNCH YOUR FACE WITH MY FACE, softly, because I have no self control.")

Lance was passed out.

Keith had been staring out the window, connecting his wires, slowly but surely.

He figured he wasn't red anymore. Pidge was passed out and Hunk was driving, so if he did look back and blush he wouldn't be noticed, he hopes.

He turned around and it was a bad decision. Lance was just... Peaceful. He wasn't running his mouth, boasting or bragging, being a smartass or being self obsorbed. He was just, being some alternate version of Lance.

Keith's hand was touching Lances hair, and he hadn't noticed. His hair was surprisingly soft, it's rugged outcome with his curls. He thought it'd be packed with anti-frizz, knots and all. But it wasn't.

"no," Lance said which was followed by a slight laugh, he was still sleeping. Keith laughed weakly.

"Too bad he's straight, if he was at least bi I'd have a small chance... Wait what-?" Keith thought, being oblivious to the situation at hand. He didn't know what he was thinking. If he had feelings for Lance they would have al- Oh wait. Yeah. He was a flustered mess today. Hmm...
-

Pidge had been awake ever since Keith has turned around and gasped suddenly, she was a light sleeper. She had the footage of Keith looking fondly at Lance.

Oh how screwed he was.

-

direct to: keef.

pidgeon:  kogane
keef: yes ms. gunderson?
pidgeon: i know you like lance
keef: no i don't, if i did how would you know?
pidgeon: i have footage of you in the car last night. You were smiling down at lance, playing with his hair, soft right? you looked happier than ever...  keith i'm one of your best friends... please talk to me.
keef: okay first of all, how did you get that footage? and two. i don't have a two.
pidgeon: keith i swear you can talk to me...
keef: i'll talk to you later okay. I'm kinda busy. apparently Matt and Shiro worked out and i can hear people getting hit against walls and i'm scared out of my mind.
pidgeon: shit matt can get reaaaal defensive and i'm not even sure he knows how to throw a SHIRO across the room. So i suppose they're not fighting ;););););)
keef: oh god.

-

Shiro and Matt were in a heated episode of Fairy Tail, when the wifi crashed. Matt groaned in distaste, earning a laugh from the black and white haired boy.

"You know Takashi, I really like you."
"I like you too Matthew."

Shiro essentially made the first move, Matt countered it, leaning in as well. It was honestly nothing either of them had expected. It sent electric bolts down both of the boy's back. Who knew that the two would click so easily.

They had been friends forever. Since they were in middle school. Everyone knew there was something going on between the two. Matt showed signs of falling for Shiro, which he definitely had. And Shiro had been struck by love for Matt in junior year of high school.

BUT

Shiro and Matt were heated in the moment. Nothing could ruin this moment until, the TV started to play again.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?" Matt yelled as he pulled away and looked at the screen. "Okay, yeah. I know Lucy's gonna use her celestial spirits in this battle Pidge spoiled it for me. I know Aquarius has an arch, not sure what, and I know the rest of the spirits have archs but I don't know what and I came over here to watch with my new boyfriend but end up having the wifi crash and then when we finally get into the zone BOOM YOU'RE ON AGAIN." Matt said quickly, laying a head on Shiro's chest and whimpering, Shiro brushing his hand against his blonde-ish hair.

"Matt it doesn't exactly matter, I'll hold your hand or something while we watch Lucy make a huge dramatic scene."
"Okay."

time passes.......

"IS THIS A JOKE." Shiro now yelled, Keith hadn't quite gotten to the dorm after being out and getting food. "OKAY WHAT... N-N-NO. THEY CAN'T DO THIS? SHE'S A VISION?"
Shiro said throwing a book across the room, Matt countered that with his shoe.

Keith stormed in to see Matt curled up in Shiro's arms as Shiro leant on his head.

"Oh... Sorry i'm-" Keith said as he observed the twos position.

"Oh! How's it going with Lance?" Matt said, looking up to him.

"What?" Shiro said, a dad tone in his voice. "You and Lance are a thing or something?"

"N-no.." Keith spat out. "MATT WHAT DO YOU KNOW?" Keith said as he stared daggers at Pidge's oldest brother.

"Only the fact that I know you two have serious chemistry."

Keith slammed the door.

-

a/n don't be scared to point out my mistakes, so like I* instead of leaving it be, I'll cry.

:) thank you for reading this!!!! i really appreciate the support given on this ahahah 💙

i thank you all
word count: 1234 (WOWOWAHHAHHA)