Chapter 4 Muna Falls

At 9, Cana's mother fell ill with bird flu, but instead of resting she carried Cana to the forest where the wolves roam in packs, but could not locate them so she told the owls to lead the way to them, for owls were her spirit animal.

She trudged through the snow barren land, the snow that never disappeared no matter what time of season it was.

She laid Cana at a big white wolf's feet, Cana was soundly asleep in a black hoodie.

"Here's where I stand. I bring you the one you called. May you wolves watch over the one I call Cana as I lay dying," Were Muna's last words before she passed out.

2 hours later...

Cana woke up lying on the big white wolf's fur. Elias and Birch lay next to her. Se saw her mom lying across from her, face down in the snow.

"Mom!" She yelled as she got up and rushed to her side.

She shook her. "Mom! Mom, wake up! Mom!"

"She's gone, Cana." Said a soft feminine voice.

She turned around and looked at the beautiful white wolf with ocean blue eyes. Just like her necklace.

"She passed away an hour ago."

Cana cocked her head to the side. "Who are you?"

"My name is Dionna, I'm mother to all wolves in this area. Except your little cub is a stray, I did not birth, or has he been casted out of the pack?"

"My dad gave him to me when he was a sawtooth pup."

"That's sad he was given up at such a young age, but it looks like he was well fed, so all is well I suppose."

"Why did my mom bring me here?"

"Because your true home is with us. You're our princess. The princess of the wolves of Alda."

"But what about Pierce?"

"Who?"

"My mom's second husband after my dad passed."

"He knows of the plan your mother made for your future." Dionna stood up and walked toward her. "Come, let me take you to your new home."

Cana climbed on her back. "Elias and Birch, follow us."

"Right behind you," Said Elias. "Lead the way."