Chapter 6 How to Stalk a Poacher

At age 13 ,Cana's land of Alda became a hunting ground and it was up to her to keep her pack safe.

She made a war hatchet and a pipe tomahawk while exploring the land to make weaponry. She did it naked as she waited for her yellow dashiki to dry and made bow & arrows, too.

Once they were dry she put them on and went to go spy on what she believed to be poachers she saw ride by in a forest green jeep.

They parked their jeep on a hill and grabbed their rifles and knives and body bags for their hunt.

Cana hid behind a tree with her bow & arrows ready to pierce their skull. She fired her first arrow at the masked poacher on the left, hitting their leg. The poacher screamed and dropped his rifle. The rifle went off and he had shot himself in the foot, they screamed even louder and fell on the ground writhing in agony.

"Joey, are you okay?" Said a feminine voice.

"Obviously not, Red, you stupid bitch!"

"Joey!" Yelled the one on the right. "Don't talk to my girlfriend that way. She was just concerned about your well being."

"She literally saw it happen, Jerry!" Joey shouted. "Therefore the question was stupid."

Cana fired another arrow at them and it hit the one in the middle right in their chest.

The woman screamed and clutched her chest as she slid down onto the ground.

"Red!" Jerry shouted.

He knelt down and pulled it out of her chest. The blood poured out like a fountain and he stopped it with his hand and tore off on one of her sleeves with the other hand and told her to apply pressure to her wound.

"Whoever you are!" Jerry shouted as he stood up.  "We mean you no harm. We only wish to hunt!"

Cana came out from hiding. "Leave this land!" She shouted. "This is a sacred land and you're trespassing!"

"A little girl," Red whispered with an exhaled breath.

"Little girl, we do not wish you any harm. We only wish to hunt for food."

"Liar! You intend to kill my wolves. If you do not leave they will be feasting on your bones tonight."

"Wolves are dangerous! Well, the werewolves are."

"Werewolves?"

"Yes, they roam this area."

"Those are still wolves. Be gone! Or I will kill you, your friend, and your girlfriend where you stand."

"Please, leave us be. We only wish to hunt for food and the werewolves, too. Or they might kill you."

Cana fired an arrow and it hit him right in the middle of his forehead, killing him instantly. He fell right at Red's feet.

"Jerry!" Red screamed and started crying. "Jerry!"

"Brother!" Joey shouted. "Noooo!"

"You, bitch!" Red screamed at the ice cold face of Cana.

"Which one of you wants to go next?" She asked them as she raised her bow to fire another arrow.

She saw Joey raise his gun at her. She smirked and released the arrow. The arrow hit him right in the heart and he died five seconds later.

"Nooo!" Red screamed. "Joey!"

Cana raised one more arrow and released it onto Red. Red got shot in the neck and started choking on her own blood for ten minutes before she took one last breath and died.

***

That night the whole pack ate three hunters flesh and bone. The sawtooth pups shared the hands while the rest feasted on the big pieces of meat-stomach, kidney, butt, back.

Birch ate leftover deer meat while Cana ate the hearts of her enemies-cooked instead of raw this time.

Three more groups of actual poachers came around looking to hunt actual wolves this time and not werewolves, but that didn't matter to Cana, for they were also her people, and the poachers were inhumane monsters.

She killed all of them while hiding in the shadows.

No one was going to harm her wolves with her on watch. For she was a wolf-she wolf. A wolf who could not be tamed. A real wild one.

Little did she know that this was only the beginning. More threats were on their way that might require extra help in the near future.

 More threats were on their way that might require extra help in the near future