Chapter 7 The Humans with Strange Devices

Cana was now 17 years old, she had become a beautiful  woman with breast and curves. She wore a brown leather tube top, a brown leather skirt, brown leather boots, and a beaded choker the color teal. The chocker complimented her eyes and her lovely long dark hair that framed her face, and the totem was tied around her ankle like an ankle bracelet.

She was carrying fruit back to the wolves when she was cornered by a large grey and black wolf with green eyes.

The wolf grinned at her.

"My that food sure does look appetizing."

Cana held out a peach. "Want one?"

"Let me rephrase that. You look appetizing," He said with a lick of his lips.

Cana set down the basket of fruit and pulled out a knife.

"I wish no harm upon you, but if you attack I will not hesitate to skin you alive," She growled the last part.

The wolf laughed. "So you can understand me? Well you won't understand this."

He spoke wolf language and said this: M.ak.wa  zo.bet cui.le.ton wa. be.on wa ret.ma yu doe.

"You will kill me before I realize I'm dead?"

The wolf eyes widened.

"Not today, furball."

The wolf growled and pounced on her. biting her left arm as she stabbed him in the gut with her right hand. The wolf whimpered and she tossed his body to the dirt road ground.

"Yu. doet zo.bet  be quis. and por.true."

Meaning his death would be quick and painless, and then she stabbed him once more in the gut and twisted to break a rib. He whimpered once more, and then three minutes later he died.

She skinned his body to where all the bones were gone and washed away the blood before placing the now toothless wolf pelt head onto her own head.

Then she picked up the fruit and placed the knife in her boot before resuming the path toward home.

The wolves were in complete shock when they saw the wolf's head on top of hers. She calmly explained what happened while she was away and showed them the bleeding bite mark on her arm.

"I gave him fair warning, yet he still challenged me, so I did what was necessary to survive."

"Cana!" Elias yelled, coming from the opposite direction. "Poachers!"

Cana grabbed her bow & arrows and went to spy on the enemy.

There was this white van vehicle with a stripe of purple and letters that said channel 1 news and a satellite dish was on it. The people came out, but there were no guns. This was perplexing to her. If they weren't there to kill then why were they there?

A black woman with lovely short black hair, wearing a pencil skirt. She stood out there with a microphone in hand.

A Hispanic man held the camera and focused it on her.

"Good afternoon, I'm here live in the woods of Alda where we were told of a woman living among wolves."

Cana cocked her head to the side. "Are they talking about me?"

Suddenly everything went blank as a man with dirty blond hair slicked back, wearing khaki pants and a black polo shirt with brown hiking boots stepped onto the scene.

She had never seen a human with beauty such as his. Those green eyes of his were enchanting and he had such a soft white looking complexion with big hands.