24

"I would like to speak with my former company mates alone."

When the throne room was empty with the exception of the remaining ten dwarves and Bilbo I began.

"As was promised for your journey, each of you may have one fourteenth of the treasure." I stated.

"We do not want any treasure your majesty." Dori sounded, Nori and Ori nodded with him.

"Getting our home back is treasure enough, uh, your majesty." Gloin added and at that they all cheered.

"And what say you Bilbo my dear friend?" I asked the once timid hobbit.

"I do not want treasure, but I ask that my share go to Bard."

"Very well my friend, if we are finished Then please bring in our allies."

Bofur volunteered to get Dáin Ironfoot (leader of the iron hill dwarves), Bard, and Thranduil.

When the three entered Dáin also refuse to take anything and in turn even offered Bilbo a rich reward from his own treasure, stating to refuse would be an insult.

Bilbo accepted two small chests of silver and gold.

"Bard, you showed us a kindness, gave us your home, and even put your family in danger, your reward for this is one fourteenth of the treasure."

He bowed down low and was taken to the treasure vault on the lowest level.

"My dear uncle," I said. "I have not known you very long but I can see that what you did when we first met was in hopes to protect me from harm and heartache. I believe you truly loved my mother as only a sibling can, furthermore when the time came you stood by our side and did not retreat for that I gift you with our most treasured Emeralds, I bestow these precious green gems upon you in hopes that not only will our alliance flourish but also the woodlands once more."

He elegantly bowed and then smiled before stating his thanks.

"Now please bring me Princess Dis."

Everyone left and soon enough Dis joined me.

"Your majesty." She bowed.

"Please, we are family now, no need for formalities."

She stood silent. "My dear Dis I ask you to come back to the lonely mountain, sit by my side and help me rule this realm, help me raise my son as my husband helped raise yours."

She smiled up at me.

"I would gladly come back, I wouldn't dare let my brother and sons die in vain."

. . . . .

Later that night a large feast was held to celebrate my new coronation as well as the lives of our fallen.

I tried my best to eat and even found myself laughing for the first time since Kíli was killed.

The familiar sound of merriment, clattering plates, loud chatter, and music filled the once empty halls of Erebor.

I imagined what my life would be like here, could I ever be happy with Thorin gone? Would this place become a prison to me?

I shook my head and looked at the friends I had made on this journey.

Dwalin
Balin
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur
Gloin
Oin
Dori
Nori
Ori
Bilbo
Legolas
Bard
Dis
Gandalf

No, my life wasn't so bad.

Sure Bilbo would leave soon and I wouldn't have it any other way, he has missed his home since the day he left. The same with Gandalf, Bard, and Legolas.