In The Beginning

Lord Dantalion.

The being who oversees The Dark Lands, or Petra, though no being used the actual name of this planet. His father being the creator of the dark lands led him to be the current ruler. 

His face is marked with the lines of Destiny. Though the destiny that is written is nothing anyone has ever seen before. He grew tall, taller than the regular demons would. His skin a pale white, like the surface of their home. His hair was Black and curly, with a soft shine to the tips that touched the base of his neck, eyes that glistened like garnets. He had horns but they were not hideous as the demon horns were. Spirals that protruded about 6 inches from the top of his skull, a dull white with tendrils of black stretching across the surface.

Born of the Elder King and the Greater Demon Alonia, he is pushed into a world of darkness and death. Being the son of the Elder King left him alone and fighting for himself at all times. Leaving him to know nothing but fights, wars, and the destruction of hate.

As a child he grew to hate the things around him... whether they were living or considered parasites. He felt he had no control and made a promise to himself that he would rule over all, and every being would listen and do as he commands.

He had only liked one person, and that person was just as different and difficult as him.

Barzabel.

As she had the marks of war etched upon her wings, he had the lines of destiny strewn across his face.

It had all changed when she became the traitor. He would kill her, he had decided. He had nothing left to see of her. She would die...

Whether he had cared for her at one time or not.

+

Barzabel Laurant.

The young lady from Melek. The one with the Stained Wings, Ruins written between each lonely feather. She was born of the Gentils, but very different. Her wings were not jagged but soft and plush. Her eyes were not the emerald green of the Gentils but a dull dirt brown. Her face was framed by long golden-brown waves, small silver rings were braided into the curls. Unlike the Gentils her skin was soft, and clean of feathers and fur. She looked as if she was born of the wasted human race. The ones who ruined their home.

She lived in the dark lands up until this moment. Training for war and painful days to come. After she had grown to find out why she had been placed here, she grew away from everyone. Feeling she was separated from all beings.

But one person made her feel less alone...

Dantalion.

She never much liked the 'lord' part. Him and her were what she guessed could be called "friends", though friends weren't big in Petra.

They did everything together, as the Elder King had practically adopted her.

But now everything has changed. She has become knows as the traitor and is on the run.

+

Lord Datalion stomped around his fortress in search of his minion, Ardel.

"ARDEL! WHERE ARE YOU!? YOU LITTLE..." but he didn't have time to finish his sentence as Barzabel walked in holding her arch-blade next to her, blood dripping off the tip leaving a trail on the stone floor.

"Datalion, Ardel is not coming." she said breathlessly. "I must speak with you, there is no time to waste."

"Barzabel what have you done to Ardel" he asked angrily.

"Please, Datalion!" she begged, her voice quivering for just a moment.

"BARZABEL!" Datalion roared, a flicker of remorse crossing his face as he screamed at her.

Just then a group of steel plated furies trampled in sword drawn and ready for the lords order to strike her down.

Before Datalion could speak she was gone, and the furies launched their sword.

+

Datalion sat, fuming, on his throne as the furies explained what had happened.

"She came to our home planet, Faron, in search of the prophet speaker. When we figured out who she was we tried to restrain her, to no avail. She retaliated and killed many of us. Our sentries fought her back, but we've never experienced something as strong as she was. It was... unfathomable."

The furies were creatures that the Lord really loathed. Noses stuck high but they really had no ground to stand on. His father saved their planet, for his personal gain of course, but none the less saved it. So the furies joined his fathers army, and then his after that, they only answered to Lord Datalion. Even if their kind found the Dark Lands disgusting, they never let it slide in front of him, and it is best to stay that way.

"Go" stated Datalion roughly, purposefully not acknowledging what they had said about her skills. He could not understand why Barzabel chose now to retaliate, and he had no explanation for her strength.

+

He placed his sword in his sheath and stepped towards the window that looked out over the sky. The stars shone bright in the sky that night but one stuck out. He could not place which star that was, but thought nothing of it as he walked to a small door hidden behind a curtain in the back of the room.

He pulled back the velvet cover to show a solid black door. There were no grooves or designs on this door, only a silver latch at the top.

He looked back to make sure his personal chamber was empty, then opened the door. A dim light shone through the door as small bright spheres floated out of the door, casting shimmering lights across the dark room.

"Find her", he said softly, and as he watched the orbs began to take form. "Alive" he stated sternly. They shifted into small light creatures with the face of angelic elves. Some people would call them sprites but they were much more than just tiny woodland creatures. These small creatures could kill you before you blinked if had they felt threatened, but Datalion was a good friend of the leader of the creatures and had them all at his command. Once again, in thanks to his father.

He opened the window and watched as they flew soundlessly through the wind, their bright auras now fading into the nights darkness.