Her First Step to Rebellion

He placed his hand against the wall as he peered through the large doors.

"I'm worried Lord. She's begun to realize her true strengths and this could be dangerous. We do not know what her wings proclaim of the future but we know this, they are not good. She needs to be killed, or our world... our plans will be ruined AND..." But Datalion cut her off.

"You do not give me orders Lady Blackburr, I will decide what to do with her. You need to learn your place."

Barzabel saw Lady Blackburr curl back into her seat and fold her arms, pouting most likely.

"Before we decide on her fate we must find out what her wings mean. But when... if it comes to it... I shall kill her."

That was all Barzabel had to hear and she took off for the stars, not knowing where to go next.

+

Datalion stomped across the dirty, stone floor throwing himself into his high-back leather chair. How was he going to take over the system AND watch out for Barzabel.

"Come on Datalion throw the sword!" cried a Barzabel, bright wings flexing behind her back, preparing for take off.

 "Throw it you ass!"

She always had a way with words that was... "Not lady-like at all" from the way Lady Blackburr stated it.

Datalion threw the sword high and hard, even though he had a good two feet on Barzabel. She flapped her wings hard and before she knew it, the sword lay across her palms, and she was floating... forty feet off the ground.

+

Datalion Rubbed his eyes, pressing his hands against the socket making the world go black.

His plans for taking the solar system were taking longer than planned and were running off track. Between Barzabel and the fighting, Datalion was losing his weight in this and needed to get it back.

He laid back, brushing his curls out of his eyes. His bright red eyes reflected off the dark marble walls.

'I need Ardel' thought Datalion as his head began to ache. He lightly traced the lines of Destiny across his face. 'But that isn't going to happen.' 

He had never thought about how little conversation he had with anyone in his presence. Outside of his now perished minion, Ardel, he was only ever close to one person. Who is now on the run from yet another war. Datalion had a lapse in feelings for just a moment, he almost felt.. guilt. Not about the war, the fighting, or the dead. But for her. He never meant for her to be such a big part of this.

+

"...I shall kill her," Datalion stated, as Barzabel peaked from behind the chamber door.

That's all she needed to hear to know it was time. She must find him... The Prophet cititor.

She stretched her wings as she flew towards Petra. The last know where about of him.. or her.... no one really knew.

She must be careful with her wording. There is no way of sneaking past the fury so she might as well just land down there. 'What's the worst thing that could happen..." thought Barzabel, but even as she said it she heard the tiny voice in the back of her mind 'kill you'.

She shook the thought from her mind and swiftly landed on the hard surface of Petra, lacing her fingers around the handle of her angel blade, just for safety precautions. The cool steel on her fingertips slowed her heart.

"You!" came a strong thick accented voice, "stop there. Now. state your name is business"

Barzabel reluctantly stepped forward.

"Bara. I come to find the prophet cititor. "

"Bara?" He was obviously racking his brain, he was staring hard. Harder than she would've liked but then she realized what he was looking at. Her wings.

She tucked them closer to her back but then heard a voice shout from behind her.

"GUARDS" a watchman yells loudly, "She has come, The Ruined One"!

The sound of sirens ringing and boots thudding against the pathway can be heard just outside the brick gates. Barzabel could feel her heart start to race as the sounds became louder.

The gate door falls and then it happens... She had no control over what she was doing, only that she had felt this before and knew there was no stopping it.

With a flick of her wrist, her arch-blade is out and glowing against the pavement's black stones. They surge towards her, and her heart feels like it has almost stopped.

Before she could move on her own accord, her arm swung up and slashed...

Blood.

It splattered the ground below her. 'Why can't I stop' thought Barzabel in a panic.

Her blade hurled through the Furies coming towards her.

She heard each cut slice through them, 'oh God' she thought 'I need to go'.

Her sword kept hacking in front of her, many of the furies yelling and squirming on the ground, bleeding heavily. 'What have I done? I need his help.'

She flapped her wings rapidly, concealing her angel blade. She could feel her speed gaining but she couldn't stop. It was as though her wings had a mind of their own and they pushed her forward, leaving her frozen as they flapped heavily.

She landed right at the doors of the Dark Hall. She burst through the door, her wings flaring up behind her and the entrance lights bouncing off her chainmail dress.

Ardel stood at the entrance of Datalions lair.

"Let me in" she commanded, feeling her breath finally coming back to her.

"I.... I can't, master is busy" Ardel said sharply but with doubt.

"Ardel, please.." Barzabel said pleading.

"NO! now move on or I'll end you" he yelled as he grew in height and width, four times his size. He slammed his fist against her and then cried out in pain. He had hit her wings that had folded around her body.

He crossed the line and he knew it... She pulled forward her arch-blade and sliced his head off. It made a thud as it hit the floor. Just then, an angry yell came from inside the room "ARDEL, WHERE ARE YOU, YOU LITTLE..."

She then burst through the doors and inside the room. She kept her eyes trained on Datalion, as she heard the furies approaching the castle.

"Datalion Ardel is not coming"

"What have you done to him Barzabel!" yelled Datalion.

She felt herself trying to shrink back at the sound of his booming voice but knew she must continue.

"Datalion listen to me..." she pleaded once more "I need you."

"BARZABEL!" Datalion grew even louder.

But just then in came the Furies and she had no choice... she had to go, she took one last look at Datalion, anguish crossing her face, and felt her wings force the air down and launch her into the ceiling opening.

She was outside the castle... Her wings now lightly beating behind her.

'One day he will see' Barzabel thought sadly as she began to fly. She knew now she was flying away from everything she has ever known. The only person who made her feel like there was more than war and pain.

--------------------