Words of the Wings

"Would you like to know?" he asked in his gruff voice.

Barzabel felt her breath catch in her throat, "Yes" she managed to say.

He slowly sat forward and his cane clinked against the floor. He reached for her wing once more.

She let it fall into his palm. She could feel her heart beat against her chest, she was afraid it was going to explode. She felt a coldness envelop her body. It felt like ice was running through her veins.

He traced the dark lines that covered her feathers with his hands. Barzabel watched the lines begin to move across her wings, flowing like a river moving in swirls and loops across the white sea. She looked up and realized that where his eyes should be were glowing holes in his sunken face. He began speaking in a voice that no longer sounded like the old man sitting before her. It was a clear, deep, and loud voice that made her feel like the little shack around them would crumble.

"Long ago, there was a war that many now have only heard whispers of. The Ruined War. Destruction and chaos ran rampant through civilizations. This war was started by the one called Kravos who believed that all planets should be cleansed and made pure by his ruling. He wanted his word to be law and anyone who spoke against him fell to his sword or a massive army.

Who we now call The Ultimate's are the leaders of each planet that still exists: Melek, Allusionine, Faron, Dimeon, Terra, Dorne, Elfe, and Petra

No matter where you look if you know of the tales of the Great War you can still see the signs of darkness that lurk through all of these planets. The way some cities look pulled down by gravity, dull, with a certain... melancholy feeling radiating from it.

One thing Kravos did not take into consideration was the strength that The Ultimates had when they joined together. At the beginning of the war, many of the planet's leaders were at odds with each other and Kravos believed that would never change and therefore had never considered his plans would fall through. It took the destruction of Allusionine and many deaths to make them see they needed to stop Kravos.

Each leader of the planets holds an object of great power. Not all are weapons but something that they carry with them everywhere."

Though it was hard for Barzabel to pull her eyes away from his face, she did notice how he slowly turned his glass cane in his palm while talking. As she looked harder she could see the soft white aura that emanated off it. Her eyes widened and she looked back to his glowing face. She now realized that this was the leader of Allusionine, Admiron, whom everyone believed was passed.

"The leaders joined together and were able to force Kravos back into the unfaltering abyss. There is another war coming Barzabel and there are only two beings who can stop it. Your wings are telling the story of the war to come, there is someone out there who is willing to use everything in their power to bring Kravos back. Find them. Find them and destroy them.

This world is fragmented and falling apart.

You Barzabel. You can stop this. You have the strength and power of many leaders before you.

And if you don't find a way to stop it... our history and people could be lost forever to the darkness that lurks in this universe.

Barzabel...." He said softly, "I believe in you."

Before Barzabel could wrap her mind around the whirlwind of information just given to her Admiron let go of her wing, stood, and walked away. His steps echoed off the empty walls as he began climbing the stairs.

Barzabel turned towards the steps, "You said there were two of us..." but as her eyes met the stairs she realized he was gone before reaching the top and the sound of his feet disappeared. The glass cane leaning against the worn wall at the bottom of the steps.