Allusionine

She slowly felt her feet touch the damp ground of Allusionine. The blue sand beneath her feet molding from her weight.

She pulled her wings behind her, feeling the plush feathers press against her skin. Her wings were her favorite thing. She knew they were special, different, very different. She knew they are what caused her life to be so messy, but she could not help but love the curve of the wings as they folded, or the way they flashed through the sky as she flew. Even with the ruins she loved them dearly.

She saw a small town, quite a distance away. Though her wings were perfectly capable, she chose to walk. She wanted to know what this town was before she revealed her true self. Besides, it's been told that Allusionine has been abandoned for millenniums. If anyone was here, they didn't know who she was. 

+

She made it to the town, her footsteps echoing off crumbling stone paths onto the empty houses. 'I guess it's still abandoned' thought Barzabel. She walked up to one of the older looking houses, the pale blue paint peeling of the door, fading from the little sunlight that did touch the entrance. 

She lightly tapped on the door. No answer. She pushed the door open, creaking as it slid across the dusty wooden floor.

Her feet left prints in the layer of dust. She coughed, waving the dust away from her face.

+

"Hello" said Barzabel, her voice echoing through the home. She walked into what would be the kitchen. The cupboards were scarce and broken with doors hanging by hinges. The wooden floor pushing up in certain places, shifting under her weight. she pulled aside a worn chair and sat down, a plume of dust puffed up around her.

Then above her head a soft sound of steps emerged. 'great' thought Barzabel as she leaned off the chair and slowly stepped towards the front of the parlor stairs, holding her breath.

She stepped towards the stairs just in time to see what looked like an old man climbing down, placing his glass cane against the wooden floor.

 "My dear do not fear me, I know of who you are..." He said in a rough, deep voice.

 "How is it that you know of me?" she asks curiously, slowly unfolding her wings. 

"I've heard of you, I may seem old and beaten but I know more than you could imagine child".