Chapter 4

A/n: SURPRISE SURPRISE!! GUESS WHO FINALLY APPEARED AFTER A MONTH?
(>o<) ITS ME, AUTHOR-SAMA!!! BOW DOWN, PEASANTS! ('O'θ

XD Nah, I'm just kidding. U guys r mah precious reader-chans~ *hugz readers* (|||ε|||)

Okay, here's ur new chapter~
(╯*≧▽≦)╯~ 📝 *throws chapter at ur face* Here's ur piece of cake as u read. ()/ ~ 🍰
_____________________

~Raine's POV~

It's been quite awhile now, and it's almost my 8th birthday. And although it is a joyful and happy occasion where I'm a year closer to death, I can't help but dread it.

Want to know why?

It's because on Raine's 8th birthday, she meets a special capture target.

The second prince, Eric.

*insert exasperated sigh*

Honestly, I loathe this day, because of it's stupidness.

Raine on her birthday, UGH.

SO STUPID.

The ways she acts so arrogant in front of everyone, the ways she sashays like a bratty princess, the way she latches onto the prince, the way she completely ignores the genuine concern of her childhood friend, UGH! SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!!

Okay... I need to calm myself down...

Just... breathe.

*inhales*

*exhales*

Okay. I'm okay.

I'm just... tired.

Forget it. Let me just... chill. I don't want to deal with the drama on 'my' birthday, so just... relax. You know what would take my mind off of this nonsense? Reading.

"Camille." I call.

"Yes?" She answers, looking back at me from her dusting of the shelves.

"I'll be at the library. I'll be finished by 5." I say, as I lift myself up from the couch, and head towards the library.

~~~

I've learnt more things from the library. I've learnt more about the elements and it's origins, but... I'm way too lazy to explain. It's really boring.

Anyways, at around 5:30, Camille dragged me out of the library to change and meet my childhood friend, who had decided to visit. Lucifer, a noble's son. I forgot what rank his father was, but I knew he was a noble.

And again, I have to wear the stupid poofy dress again.

*sigh*

I don't have a choice, do I?

I walk over to the living area, where Lucifer-kun's waiting for me.

I've never really talked about him much, huh?

Well... it's like this.

Lucifer's father was Raine's father's best friend. When their wives gave birth to babies, they wanted them to be friends, so Raine and Lucifer had met each other when they were babies.

Their parents decided to get them engaged to each other once Raine turned 8.

But!

On Raine's 8th birthday, she met Eric.