Chapter 4: Unexpected

The next morning, the moment I opened my eyes; I can really feel something is going to happen.

During our Science subject, our teacher gave us a seatwork. It was a piece of cake, so I managed to finish answering it immediately.

As I laid down my pen, there was a knock on the door.

It was Sir Sevrin.

"Good morning. May I excuse Aliza Blanche? The principal gave us a lot of work to do and I need my officers to help me."

"Sure, Adelric. Aliza, you can pass that to me later", our teacher said.

Aliza left her bag on her seat and asked me to carry it for her before she went out of the room.

After our Science period, we transferred to the next room for our Mathematics subject.

The next thing I knew, all my classmates were celebrating after knowing that our teacher's absent.

I placed Aliza's bag beside mine then I grabbed my notebook and started to write the article Angelene asked me to make.

I forgot to mention that I'm part of the news publication organization in our school.

30 minutes later, my other classmates left the room. My friends also went downstairs to buy their lunch.

I'm not really feeling hungry today. So yeah, I was left with our class president inside the room.

I was busy writing, when there was a knock on the door.

My classmate opened the door and asked the guy what he needed from our room.

"Aliza asked me to get her calculator and she said that she left her bag here."

I can recognize that voice. I looked at the door at the back side of the room, and I was right.

It was Kaiser.

Before I can even go back to my own business, my classmate called me.

"Aria! Aliza's bag is with you, right? Can you get her calculator and give it to him?"

Me?! I don't even want to go near that guy. Looks like I have no choice.

"Uh... s-sure."

I got Aliza's calculator from her bag and walked towards the door. I saw Kaiser waiting outside.

I peeked outside of the room and Kaiser saw me. I can't look at his face directly so I handed the calculator to him looking at my hand.

Aliza's calculator is kinda small so my hand is slightly bigger than it. As he received it, he accidentally touched my hand.

My memory of that night suddenly flashed before my eyes. 

"Kaiser Leonhardt."

I was stunned.

I definitely felt his hand touched mine. I even felt something different after.

He then left without saying a word. 

Wow, Mr. Leonhardt. Where's your 'thank you'?

With jokes aside, I followed him with my sight until he disappeared from my view.

My heart is beating faster than it usually does.

Geez. It was just an accident. Don't tell me you've fallen for him just because of that.

I suddenly felt that I want to see him...

This is absolutely wrong.

I returned inside the room and sat on my seat feeling completely blank.