Chapter 8: Last Three Months

Two days after, it was the day I have been waiting for.

The moment I stepped on the school grounds, I immediately saw Kaiser with his co-officers beside the stage. If I'm not mistaken, the Student Council is the one in charge of the flag ceremonies in the month of January.

Our whole section was busy talking about our respective experiences last Christmas vacation while we were in line.

Yup, the flag ceremony was currently happening while we're having our own business. I think it's a good thing that none of the teachers scolded us. Hahaha!

In the following weeks, everyone got busy preparing for the annual Foundation Week of the university.

The Campus Journalism Organization doesn't have an assigned room to decorate or whatever, so Angelene and I took turns in helping the clubs where our friends belong to.

At this week, I already told my secret to all of my friends. All of them were quite surprised, but of course; the one with the most violent reaction was Aliza.

She can't believe that I fell for the guy she sees as a freak, or anything you may call to a person you hate the most. To make it simple, she just can't believe that a girl like me would fall for a guy like him.

But from that time forward, I can now freely enter the SC's assigned room anytime because Aliza always calls me to help her finish the tasks Sir Sevrin gives her.

Of course, she makes a way for me to see Kaiser every now and then.

Even my other friends never forget to update me whenever they see him inside the campus.

"I saw Kaiser in front of the office"
"He's with Frederich"
"Alexander's with him beside the stage"

I find it nice to have supportive friends like them. Hahaha!

At the actual Foundation Week, Angelene and I visited the different booths and exhibits. The others are busy fulfilling their assigned tasks in their respective clubs so we only had the chance to roam around with them during their free time.

And within that week also, I don't know how many times I bumped into Kaiser.

He even hit my arm slightly when I was writing my name in the attendance sheet and the place got too crowded.

That was also the time I absent-mindedly wrote my name in Kaiser's section sheet. I was even happy as I wrote my name under his.

I really thought that, that paper was intended for the whole Grade 10 students just like in the other exhibits. It was too late when I realized that it was by section because I already wrote my first name on it. It was so embarrassing so I did my best to erase my name. I mean, he might see that. Hahaha!

Two weeks after, a hiphop dance competition was held.

According to Aliza, Kaiser was supposed to be a member of their section's dance group but he had to back out because he got sick during one of their practices.

I thought I had the chance to see him dance. I mean, according to what I hear from my batch mates; he's a good dancer! How sad.

As weeks pass by, we became a lot busier.

Projects and exams started to bother us again as our Moving Up Exercises is fast approaching.

During these days, I get to see him when he passes in front of our room, and when he's staying by their office or beside the stage. I always stare at him from afar. Well, that's the only thing I could do. Hahaha!

A week before our last day as Grade 10 students at Azerys University, my friends made a dare.

We agreed to have a picture with our respective crush on our Moving Up Exercises. Whoever fails to complete the dare will get punished. With that, the girl or those girls who will fail will treat the ones who will accomplish it in a fast food chain near the school.

I felt a little nervous. I mean, how could I even get near him? I expect that a lot of our girl batch mates will fall in line again to take a picture with him just like last Meeting de Avance.

A week later, was our Moving Up Exercises.

The event started around 6 o clock in the evening, so we witnessed how the moon replaced the sun.

Moreover, I don't know if it's mere coincidence that tonight is a starry night... just like that night.

I managed to be included in the top and I'm grateful that I will graduate Junior High School with honors. It's indeed overwhelming to receive a medal representing the fruits of my labor.

After the ceremony, our friends and I gathered beside the stage to officially start the dare.

The moment they saw Kaiser, they pushed me.

"Aria! He's there! Go for it!", Chantal excitedly said.

"I'll be the photographer! C'mon, Aria!", Lirienne exclaimed.

At first, I was hesitant because there was a long line of girls which I definitely expected.

But still, I was convinced. I think a picture of me with him is a good remembrance.

Nine months ago, I find the long line of girls weird. I can still remember when it caught ny attention last Meeting de Avance.

Now, I can't believe that I'm here, falling in line too. Haha!

As I stood there nervously, I can't help but look at the stars. It's so breath-taking. Ever since that night, I fell in love with the stars.

Not too long after, someone pulled me. It was Aliza.

"As his co-officer, I already asked permission from him to take a picture with you. He agreed, don't worry."

It looks like I got a VIP Pass. Hahaha!

My friends pushed me to stand beside him.

"1,2,3, Smile!"

Countless thoughts were running inside my mind as I stood beside him. Beneath my smile was my heart full of emotions to the point I don't know what to feel anymore. The only thing I'm sure of is that I'm nervous.

My friends were going crazy as Lirienne took the photos. They were all screaming. Good thing the other people are having their own businesses so my friends didn't caught much attention.

After the picture-taking, I thanked him.

He immediately nodded and smiled at me after.

He just gave me the smile I wished for. My heart is crying tears of joy. I can't contain this anymore.

I screamed as I ran away from him. It was an unforgettable moment.

Moments later, Ciara was also convinced to take a picture with Sir Sevrin.

We all shouted when she stood beside him. It's kinda funny because the other people around looks like as if they're wondering what was going on. Hahaha!

In the end, only Ciara and I was able to accomplish the dare.

I already reminded my parents about it the day before so they let me go home by myself. It's also a miracle that they gave me permission to hang out with my friends even if it's quite late in the evening.

Well, I think that they know that this is our last day together so I'm really grateful.

The six of them fulfilled the agreed punishment so we all celebrated without Ciara and I paying for anything.

That time was so fun. Nobody stopped us from being so noisy even if the other customers were looking at us already.

That time, I changed my phone wallpaper already. My friends were still very happy for me.

I can absolutely say that, that day is one of the most unforgettable days of my Junior High School life.
But there's this feeling inside me that tells me that there's still something I want to do... that I can do. What could that be?