Chapter 6: Unforgettable Day

Despite the sleepless nights and nerve-wrecking stress, I was able to survive the hell week.

After our last unit test, my classmates celebrated. Yeah, like they threw their ballpens into the air, and shouted in excitement.

Well, I guess everyone is excited for the leadership camp the day after tomorrow. Our class adviser even confirmed that it's overnight.

Two days after, it's the day we all have been waiting for.

The principal delivered her speech to formally open the event.
The camp turned out to be a team-building event. Throughout the day, I was with Angelene. Of course, we're both officers of the the Campus Journalism Organization.

Around 10 o clock, the emcees declared that period as break time. They said that we could roam around the campus and talk to the officers from the other clubs.

Angelene and I returned to our room first to rest for a while. After thirty minutes, we decided to go downstairs to look for the others.

Before I forget to mention, our room is between the Math Club's where Sophie is the Treasurer, and the Science Club's where Lirienne is the PRO.

The Student Council's room is in the other building, at the other side of the campus. I think that they are the only organization there.

Back to the situation, while we're on our way down...

"Ms. Bellerose!"

I recognized that voice and I'm sure it was our club adviser who's upstairs.

"You're called. Let's go back", Angelene said.

*ring*

"Oh, someone's calling me. You could go ahead, Aria."

"Okay."

As I turned my back to go back to our room, the next moment was something I didn't expect.

Someone was behind me, who happened to be going down the stairs as well.

And because I faced backwards, that person stopped walking.

It was Kaiser.

Yup, he was like two steps away from me.

Stunned because of what happened, I didn't had the strength to move.

A few seconds later, our eyes met.

I saw how he looked at me. (As I've said, he was behind me when I stopped, so I was blocking his way. Hahaha!)

That moment lasted for about three seconds.

It was the probably the best three seconds of my life so far.

When he passed beside me, I still can't move.

Good thing Angelene got a phone call so she was busy while that moment happened. When she noticed that I looked absent-minded, she snapped her finger in front of my eyes.

"Hey! What happened?"

"It's nothing."

"Uh, didn't our adviser called you upstairs?"

"Oh, yeah! Thanks for reminding me!"

I ran upstairs and quickly apologized to our adviser.

"I'm sorry, it took me so long, Ma'am."

"It's okay, Aria. I already asked somebody else to do the errand I was supposed to ask you to do. You can go now, it looks like Ms. Hummel is waiting for you downstairs."