Chapter 1

Out of all the things in the world, there was only one thing I wanted. Much like Rosalie, I wanted a happy ending. But fate doesn't always work in the ways we want it to. After the dreadful night that changed my life, literally, I thought things couldn't get any worse. Boy was I wrong.

Life in the newborn army was terrible. Always fighting for your life, trying not to make a mistake. Because if you do, you're dead before dawn. But with the help of a fellow comrade, I managed to escape.

As I trudged through snow and mountains, the only thought on my mind was that I was free, I could begin my happily ever after. I believed in it even more when I quite literally ran into Jasper. But again, fate has a mind of its own.

With a human being brought into our world, our lives are changed forever. It was only a matter of time before the Volturi found out. And when they did, consequences were revealed if we should fail.

Bella is to be one of us after graudtion, which is only in a week. Afterwards, things should return to normal. But I fear I'm wrong. There's this horrible feeling in my gut saying something's coming. And with Victoria still on the loose, I know this is more than just a feeling.

Something's coming. And we all need to be ready.

Okay so this chapter is Elenor writing in a journal. I figured I'd use this to kind of touch a little more on her background and then kinda set the scene for this book. The next chapter will actually begin the story. Anyways, thanks for reading! I hope you guys liked it!