Chapter 4

I stand with my family in some random field, waiting for the wolves to show up

I stand with my family in some random field, waiting for the wolves to show up. Sam agreed to helping us fight the newborn army and today we're having a little practice so Jasper can show them what not to do. Right now, he's currently battling Emmett who, although is very strong, lacks the training Jasper has. Therefor, he's lost like five times already, but is determined he is going to win so he keeps fighting. The smell of dogs makes my nose scrunch up. Looking towards the woods, I'm not surprised when I see the pack come out in dog form.

"They don't trust us enough to be in human form." Edward's voice suddenly sounds in my ear. I didn't care enough to notice he and Bella had arrived. At that thought, Edward moves to give me a jab in the ribs, but I catch his elbow and flip him onto the ground.

"Don't even think about it." I hiss at him, removing my foot from his neck. He gets up, glaring at me. Our stare-off continues for a few moments before we break out in laughter. He playfully bumps my shoulder, immediately returning to Bella's side.

"They came." Carlisle tells him, reminding us of the wolves' presence. "That's what matters. Will you translate?" He asks Edward, who gives a curt nod. He then turns his attention to the pack. "Welcome, Jasper and Elenor have experience with newborns. They'll teach us how to defeat them."

"They want to know how the newborns differ from us." Edward tells him.

"They're a great deal stronger than us." I speak up, stepping up besides Carlisle. "Their own human blood lingers in their tissues."

"Our kind is never more physically powerful than in our first several months of this life."

"Carlisle's right." Jasper says, standing to my side. "That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army. And no human army could stand against them. The two most important things to remember are first, never let them get their arms around you. They'll crush you instantly. The second, never to for the obvious kill. They'll be expecting that. And you will lose."

"Emmet!" I call out. "Care to go first?" Emmett smirks, cracking his knuckles as he walks up to Jasper. The two lunge at each other, crashing in a whirlwind of brilliant chaos. Even with my heightened senses, I have trouble following their movements. Jasper suddenly pins Emmett down, smirking at our brother. "Never lose focus."

I stand in front of Jasper, assessing his stance. Since the both of us have training, this should make for an interesting fight. Jasper makes the first move, running at me. I duck at the last second, swinging my leg out to trip him. He quickly gets to his feet, reaching for my arm. He twists me around, my back against his chest, my arm pinned behind me. I lift my leg up, kicking him in the shin. His grip loosens, and I spin around, punching him in the jaw. While he's stunned, I push him to the ground, my knee digging in his throat. He taps, and I get off, helping him up as well. "Not bad." He says, placing a kiss on my hand.

We watch the others fight, correcting them when needed. After the practice, I head to Alice, laughing about her fight with Edward. Watching them was mesmerizing. With their powers, it seemed almost impossible for one to win, but Alice did when Edward slipped on a twig. I overhear Jasper telling his story to Bella and decide to join them.

"Until I bumped into El." I wrap my arms around his waist, pecking his jaw.

"Kept me waiting long enough." He smiles down at me.

"My apologies, Ma'am. I don't know what I'd have become without you."

"You'll never have to be that again."

"Neither will you."

And I present chapter 4. Like I say every chapter, I hope y'all liked it and thanks for reading!