•Prologue•

Heroes get wrapped up in all sorts of crazy shit. That's just a fact, one that I have proven time and time again. Every time I think no adventure could possibly top whatever's currently happening, something else comes along just to prove me wrong.

I think it's safe to say, however, that this takes the cake. So to speak.

There are certain things that you just don't expect from life. For me, I've learned to not be too surprised when something goes horribly wrong. There will always be incidents that you will never be able to foresee, such as a Wither Storm being created, or being trapped in a confusing network of worlds, or being forced to fight your two mind-controlled best friends. All three of those have happened to me, and while it would have been impossible to predict any of them, I managed to adapt with the help of my friends.

But then, this.

This adventure- if I can even call it that -was different. Not only did this one make me question my very existence, but I didn't have the rest of the Order by my side. All I had was myself...though it wasn't as straightforward as simply being alone.

Fifteen years later, I still sometimes can't fathom how I had gotten into that situation. But no matter how much time passes, I promise you and myself that I will never, ever forget this.

This must all seem pretty confusing, I'm sorry. I should go back, and tell this story from the beginning. Relive the nightmare, right from where it all started.

Get comfortable. This story isn't gonna be an easy one for any of us.