2- In Which The Order Is Defeated In A Rather Embarrassing Fight

"What the hell does THAT mean?" I asked, completely bewildered.

"I guess it means you're supposed to meet someone at the temple this evening? Doesn't take a genius." Petra replied sarcastically.

I gave her a dirty look. "I know that. But who could've sent it? And why?"

"I dunno. I bet it's something dangerous, though. You're not actually thinking of going alone, are you?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Yes. I don't want to get you guys into danger." I replied, already knowing that she was going to argue.

"We manage to get into danger all the time, whether you're there or not. But...whatever. You get up and get your armor on, and I'll go tell Axel and Olivia about this whole thing." Petra decided.

"Lukas already knows?" I checked, noticing she hadn't mentioned him. "Yeah. He heard me shout when the frikkin' arrow almost hit me, and came to check on me."

She left the room, and I got out of bed. I quickly put my purple armor on, then grabbed both my usual sword and the new red one, and went downstairs. My friends were already waiting for me. Olivia and Lukas looked worried, Petra seemed slightly mad, and Axel just looked tired.

"So...Petra told you?" I asked.

"Yeah. And if you think for one second we're letting you walk into this by yourself, you're damn wrong." Axel announced. I sighed. "I figured as much."

"Who do you think sent it? It had'tve been someone we know, right?" Olivia asked.

"Not necessarily. A lot of people know who we are now." Lukas pointed out.

"Yeah, but that message seemed pretty threatening. We have made a few enemies here and there." I added.

"What about the Blaze Rods? I mean, I know they're probably still dealing with things in Terracity, but we know how much they like stirring up trouble." Olivia asked.

"Nah. This isn't how they work. And I doubt they're dumb enough to come after us again, at least so soon." Lukas replied.

"The Old Builders wouldn't do something like this either, even if they did manage to get out of the giant-chicken world." Axel mused.

"Is it possible that Cassie got out of her trap and came to this world...?" Petra asked nervously. "This IS kinda like something she would do."

"But she would know better than to leave a threatening message, right? I mean, you saw the invitations to her mansion." I said.

Olivia frowned, looking deep in thought. "Then who was it? I can't think of anyone else who would want to threaten us. Hell, we haven't made that many enemies. I mean, there's always the weirdos who are jealous or hate us for no reason, but no one I can think of would go this far."

"I think we can all agree that this is the setup to an ambush, right?" Axel asked.

"Right. Everything about this is setting off my 'danger' senses." Petra agreed.

"Well, nothing we can do right now. I think the best thing to do would be to just go about our day, and do as the message says this evening." I decided.

"But not alone. I don't want you getting killed, especially while we're not around." Petra said sternly, pointing at me.

I sighed. "Okay, okay. I get it."

-----------------

I approached the mountain temple, diamond sword in hand. There didn't appear to be anyone inside, but it was hard to tell from the dim lighting.