chapter 1-

Today, I was moving out of Michigan, to Los Angeles, California. It's always been my dream to move somewhere big, to experience something new and life changing. My parents divorced when I was a child, and now, I am living with my mom since my dad and mom always got into arguments and ended up being physically. That's when things got devastating, my mom had been using drugs while our father was out God knows doing what.

My brother, Damien has been like a father to me. He's been protective, and caring. He's moving along with us because he wants to experience something different and so do I.

We packed our things already, and are ready for a really long drive. My mom blasts her music as I try to daydream about what the new life is but my brother starts talking to me.

"Hey sis, there's a lot of schools and I have a list of which ones you might be interested in." he tells me as I look at him.

"Really? Well hit me." I respond.

He punches my shoulder. "That's not what I meant! I was saying it like so you can give me the list." I look at him while narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sorry and okay there's, art, music, sports, math, English, social studies, electronic, Agriculture-" I ignore him for the rest of the ride as he just has list going on and on. I look at him while nodding but I'm just thinking of what the house will be like.

"So which one?" Damian asks me making getting me out of my trance.

"I-I'm not sure. Let's see the schools first before I choose." I reply nervously. He eyes me suspiciously.

"Okay, well when we get there I want you to make friends okay?" He asks me with care in his voice. "I'll try." I honestly say.

2 more hours left and I've been drowned with bad jokes, singing and food. "Hey guys, we're almost there okay? It's night time so take a nap or sleep and you'll be up by the time we get there." My mother tells us as she is driving down a deserted area, most likely looking like Nevada.

"Okay mom." We both say. I close my eyes and empty my thoughts out before drifting off to sleep.

•••

"Guys wake up were here!" My mom says in a whisper yell. I grunt in response. I was having a dream about Robert Downy Jr. and it was getting really good, but thanks to mother over here.

"Come on its almost morning and you can sleep when we get in." My mom tells me shaking me while doing so.

Thankfully mom bought a furnished house. I get out of the car lazily as my mom takes me to a room.

It's hard to see due to the brightness so I just laid on something that seemed like a bed. "Okay kiddo, goodnight. See you in the morning." My mom whispers as she covers me with the blanket. I open my eyes a little but with the little energy I had, my eyes closed. I slept once again but hearing a faint 'I love you' before doing so.

•••

"Honey wake up! I made your favourite breakfast!" My mother yells from what seems like the kitchen. I get up slowly and realise that I'm still in yesterdays clothes. I yawn as I get up and stretch. I start walking while rubbing my eyes. I get lost in the house since how huge it was. It was like a 5 person house! How many of us are there? Three, so mom, why? I get hit by the scent of sausages and waffles. I run to the smell, making me more or less look like a dog.

The kitchen is mid class modern, and it has white Quartz counters, an black cabinets. We also have an island, which is, AMAZING! The backsplash is a space grey marble tile, adding more contrast to the 'fancy' kitchen. This is a chefs dream! My mother sets my breakfast on the clean island, and I immediately drench my waffles in syrup. My mom also made some scrambled eggs and potatoes.