Chapter 6

"I feel like that was accepted much better than we thought it would be."

"None of the fans seemed to be that bothered by it." All of the articles that were circulating the media were about our relationship, that was no surprise. What surprised us was the lack of negativity. None of the fans started a riot. No one accused us of having a scandal. Everything was full of support and understanding. It was suspicious, but we didn't want any negativity, so we just accepted it.

"So, we're dating now?"

"I don't think so."

"What?" He sat up in bed so fast at my response. "What do you mean we're not dating?"

"I never said I was ready for a relationship Jungkook. I just moved here less than a month ago. I still haven't adapted to the lifestyle here." His gaze shifted to his lap as his shoulders slumped slightly.

"That would've been nice to know before we announced to the public that we were in a relationship," he mumbled.

"Yah, I didn't say we never would be in one. I just need a little time to adjust. It's pretty hard to hide how much I like you, so don't get all depressed thinking I'm not interested." He looked at me with slight curiousness before laying back down, and turning onto his side to face me.

"How much do you like me?"

"Jungkook, that's not really important right now," I tried to reason. I was not about to answer that question right now.

"But how do I know if I really have a chance if I don't know how much you like me?"

"I guess you'll just have to live," I shot back, rolling on my side to face him

"What will the media say? 'Jungkook's newly announced girlfriend becomes the reason for his sudden downfall into depression' is what I think would be the headline."

"You're being a drama queen."

"I thought you didn't like drama queens?"

"Aish! I liked you before I even knew you were a drama queen! If I had known how annoying you were in real life, you never would've been given the honor of being my ultimate bias!" I snapped my hand to my mouth, and my eyes widened.

"And the truth finally comes out. I was your ultimate bias this whole time, wasn't I?" he teased. I huffed, rolling to my other side to avoid boosting his ego with my inflamed cheeks. "It's nothing to be ashamed of. I'm a lot of people's ultimate bias."

"I swear you have an ego the size of an elephant," I mumbled. My heart began to ache. I cried out at the sudden pain, clenching my chest as if it would help relieve it. Words began to float through my mind.

'10'

'Always'

'Sight'

'Connection'

"Cathleen?!" Jungkook tore the covers off the bed to avoid getting tangled in them. The pain immediately began to ease after he pulled me into his arms. I clung on to him even after the pain subsided. "What happened? All I felt was a dull ache in my heart, but you were crying out in pain."

"The bond. It's angry," I mumbled.

"What do you mean angry? How can a bond get angry?"

"Our distance has been shortened to 10 feet and we have to always be in each other's sight. That's what happened just then. I turned away from you, and it didn't like that." I sighed. This bond wasn't going to let me have things my way. "Ask me."