Chapter 14

I sat in bed, staring at the blank wall in front of me.

BigHit had remained silent for days after the fake announcement and the arrest of my father. Emails, messages, and tweets continued to pour in, demanding a press conference, official statement, some kind of closure for the beloved member who they thought had passed. My father had been sentence to a lifetime in jail. Punishment for Jungkook's supposed murder, as well as his previous murders from many years ago.

With the Tae back, the dorm gained most of its light and happiness back, but a sense of dread hung over us as we continued to stall revealing our big secret. I glanced over at the man stuck in the center of all this, sleeping peacefully next to me. I was thankful he was finally getting some sleep after a week of insomnia-filled nights caused by nightmares and depression. Even with his eyes closed, I could see the dark circles that had formed under his eyes. I knew he was suffering. I could feel it through our bond. His career was on the line. His fans were on the line. The other members' careers were on the line. The future of BTS was on the line

His future was on the line.

I sighed as I turned my gaze to the blank spot on the wall I had been staring at all morning. I had been thinking up different ways to soften the hit of revealing our secret all week, one plan in particular playing in my mind over and over again. I had discussed the plan with PD-nim a couple days ago, and he agreed that it was the best way. I would have to tell the members after breakfast, and I knew Kookie wouldn't like it. I felt movement next to me, and quickly looked over at Jungkook.

"Gooooood morning Jagi," he drawled huskily, a sleepy smile on his face. He propped up on his elbows, and jutted his chin forward. I smiled before leaning over to place a soft kiss on his lips.

"Good morning to you too, Kookie," I giggled.

"Something happen? I feel a sense of determination from you." Stupid bond.

"No, nothing happened. I've just been waiting for you to wake up."

"If you say so Jagi. Let's go eat breakfast with the guys." I nodded in agreement as he slung his shirtless form out of bed, and stretched out his stiff muscles. I never got tired of that view every morning. "Maybe I should just never put a shirt on. You seem to like me better like this,"" he teased. My cheeks grew warm at being caught.

"Not on my watch. Never in a million years, am I ever letting another woman see you shirtless," I argued, narrowing my eyes at the smirking maknae as he threw a shirt on. I watched him walk across the room to the connected bathroom, and begin brushing his teeth. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, and began stretching my limbs. He walked back into the room, a smirk still on his face.

"I wasn't supposed to tell you, but, our next concept is supposed to involve," he leaned over me, placing a hand on each side of my body, and causing the bed to sink from his weight. His face was inches from mine, and my breath hitched.  "A little more skin," he whispered. I could see the playful smirk dancing on his face. I lightly pushed him away and rolled my eyes, hoping to cover up the reaction he had caused.

"If you ever get to your next concept," I mumbled. I instantly regretted the words when his face and shoulders dropped. "I'm sorry Kookie, I didn't mean it like that. The stress just got to me and-"

"I'm gonna go eat." He walked out of the bedroom without me, not even giving me a second glance. I could feel how hurt he was through our bond.

----------

Six pairs of eyes were on me as soon as I walked into the kitchen. I saw Jungkook's slouched form facing away from me. I looked at each of the members, each of them wanting an explanation for Jungkook's mood. I silently shook my head, and they reluctantly carried on eating. I sat down at my spot next to Jungkook with a plate of bacon and fruit. He carried on eating, his eyes trained downwards at his bowl of rice.