Chapter 13

"Cathleen, are we seriously going through with this?"

"Switched to first name basis. I see how it is."

"I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"But what happens after we catch your dad? I suddenly come back to life?"

"We'll just have to come out with the true story."

"Jagi... You'll have to reveal he was your father."

"I've never considered him my father. Hopefully people will understand that." I tried to remain indifferent to his concerned look, but he knew I was falling apart on the inside. I had to pretend my boyfriend was dead.

"Namjoon has locked in Tae's location. We're sending our guys there now." I nodded at Yoongi, and watched him disappear from the door frame. We knew something would happen to Tae when we put our plan into effect, so we hired people to take care of that issue. They were going to pretend to be the next shift of guards in charge of watching Tae. When my father orders he be killed, nothing will happen to him since he'll be on his way back home.

"You guys ready to do this?" We looked at a nervous Jin standing in the door frame.

"This is actually happening," I heard Kookie mumble. I grasped his hand, and squeezed it tightly.

"Everything will work out. I promise."

"Isn't that supposed to be my line?" I smiled before we headed to the living room to watch our plan play out.

"I think Kookie should do the honors of announcing his own death." I laughed at the mortified look on his face.

"Namjoon, isn't that a little harsh?" I managed between laughs.

"If any of us did it, it would feel like we murdered him."

"You guys are being babies. He's standing right in front of you."

"I'll do it, I'll do it! Geez," Kookie grumbled. His finger hovered over the 'enter' key. I took his other hand in mine.

"You can do it Jagi. Let's end this once and for all."

"We've received confirmation that the guys have Tae in their possession. It's now or never Jungkook." He looked at me, and I nodded. His pointer finger hit the 'enter', and we watched as the email containing the news of Jungkook's murder, the suspect, and his location, was sent to every broadcasting station in South Korea.

"Turn the TV on!"

"There's no way the story is up yet, Jimin. We just sent it in." Ignoring Suga, Jin grabbed the remote, and switched the TV on to a random news channel. We all stared at the screen in shock.

"Try another one." He flipped through five other news channels, all of them already featuring Jungkook's murder.

"They work way too fast," Suga grumbled. My father's picture flashed across the screen as they announced the main suspect of the murder.

"Twitter is going crazy." I turned around to read the computer screen, as tweet after tweet was posted by angry fans determined to catch the killer. My phone began to buzz.

"Five bucks it's your father," Kookie smirked. I glanced at the caller ID and chuckled.

"Guess I owe you lunch," I teased before answering the call.

"If it isn't my lovely daughter."

"I'm not your daughter."

"How clever of you to fake your little Kookie's death, and send the police for me. But you seem to have forgotten one little thing."

"And what is that?" I decided to play along.

"I have your little friend in my possession." I stayed silent. "Forgot that little detail, didn't you? I'll make you a deal. Call off the police, and your little Tae will be kept alive."

"And if I don't?" I tried not to sound too confident.

"I'll make the order to have him killed in an instant."

"Tae is here." I glanced up at Jungkook, and nodded.

"How about I make you a deal? Surrender now, and your punishment won't be as harsh." I pulled the phone away from my ear as he cackled loudly.

"Do you really think you're in the position to make a deal with me?"

"I think you've underestimated me, Father," I hissed the last word icily. "Your days of freedom are officially over. I hope you have fun in prison." I hung up, and turned towards the members. A familiar head of orange stood out from the others, and I ran to hug him.

"Tae!" He chuckled, returning my hug. "I'm so sorry this happened. It was all my fault."

"Yah, stop saying it was your fault. If I hadn't left the dorm, I wouldn't have gotten kidnapped." We stepped out of each other's arms as Namjoon rushed into the living room from the kitchen.

"I just got off the phone with PD-nim. The police have narrowed in on your father." We all crowded around the TV, watching the live broadcast.

"It's all about to be over Jagi." I watched a man in handcuffs exit the run-down warehouse, surrounded by police officers and FBI agents. He was finally gone. He would never bother me or my family again. I shot Jungkook a teary smile before he pulled me into a tight hug. The members all cheered as they watched the police car containing my father drive away, and the news reporter announce his capture. I watched the screen flash to a picture of Jungkook, once again announcing his death.

"What's wrong Jagi?" He turned around to follow my line of vision, and I felt his mood become solemn.

"It's not over yet." The other members grew silent, and glanced at me. "We have to reveal that Jungkook isn't actually dead. And face the consequences of deceiving everyone."