cero

Soundtrack

1. Rockabye by clean bandit

2. Believer by Imagine Dragons

Emme Wilson

I walked towards my house and walked up the crooked steps. We didn't have time to fix them. There were worse problems.

"Who cares if I left the front door open, it's not like they have anything to steal here, Alice!" My father yelled.

"Well George I want our family to be safe!" My mother exclaimed.

Yeah, welcomed to the Wilsons. It wasn't always like this but lately my parents have been stressed, and so have I. After everything it took me a while to go back. But if anyone can handle a  break-up it's me. I felt bad for our neighbors, they had to listen to this all day and night.

"Hey y'all!" I say. They look over to me and crack a smile.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?" My mother said and she gave a death glare to my dad.

"Swell, as usual." I said as I continued walking towards my room.

Our neighbors were some nice guys, cute actually. We've known them forever, even when their parents were alive. They had a caring older brother, Darry, a sweet middle child, Sodapop, and the devil its self, Ponyboy. They were the Curtis.(Curtises? Curtiss? idk) Let's say my relationship with the younger one was perfect until socs had intervened. We were greasers, everyone knew that. We were the scummy ones, not the rich kids with nice cars.

I opened the door to my room and sat my bag down. I walked over to my desk and pulled out the chair and looked out the window. I saw Soda walk in and he lay on the bed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a pencil to start my English homework. Grammar wasn't my best topic.

I ended up looking at it and setting it aside to pull out math, that was something I was perfect at. That was until I heard something at my window. I groaned and moved my head up to see Sodapop throwing rocks. He was looking for some more until he saw me staring'.

I opened up the window and popped my head out.

"Sodapop Curtis you better have a good reason before I skin you." I said.

"Emme! Hey there. Um.. look I need help with math.. homework?" He said with his unique smile.

"Soda, you dropped out..." I said as my smile faded. I knew this.

"Um.. no I didn't."

"If that is horseman's homework I'm not helping." I said closing my window until I saw him hop out his.

"Em, please wait." He went to my window but I slammed it anyway. "OW!" He said clutching his hand.

"Oh Sodapop!" I said opening it back up to have him grab me.

"Hey watch it kid." I said as I struggled in his arms.

I heard a door open and a groan come out.

"Soda put Emme down." I heard Darrel say.

"But she won't do my Math- I mean Pony's math homework." He whined.

"Again??!" Darry yelled this time. Soda put me down and I started to hope my window when he grabbed me again and put me over his shoulders. I was wear jeans and a crop top, and that crop top wasn't helping. I kicked him with my laced up vans and he ran into the house. Yet he wasn't able to by his baby brother. We collided and I fell down.

"Oh my gosh Em are you okay?" Soda asked as I got back up laughing.

"Oh Soda that was hilarious you just fell!" I said dying of laughter.