Chapter 1 - Dumbstruck

Hm? What and where am I?

Disheveled as she was, Ava quickly came to her senses. And then, the events of the accident came crashing down like a hail storm.

Oh Gods, am I dead? I must be right? Everything is so.. Blank. Hell sure is cozy, huh.

Ava looked around at her surroundings, only being able to see pure white. Not a warm cozy kind of white, but a startling uneasy white that was starting to bring a tinge of fear in her heart.

"So this is it? I'm just gonna be stranded in this unwelcoming blank shit of a place forever?"

Little did she now, that 'this unwelcoming blank shit of a place' would one day be a place she hoped to return and relish in forever.

Becoming irritated, Ava wondered around the empty blank area hoping to find something that could entertain her. After what seemed like miles, off from afar, was a door. A wooden door beautifully carved in intricate patterns, a masterpiece, an antique.

What the hell? A door? Is it an exit to somewhere else? Or an entrance to somewhere even worse than here?

Curiosity bubbling up inside, Ava hurried toward the direction of the door with concealed excitement. Up close, it was even more gorgeous with the little details on the wood beaming out to her.

"It looks as if it's moving, no shifting, the design becoming one big picture...I wonder where it leads to..."

Is it my imagination, or is it beckoning for me to enter?

Ava tilted her head a little to the side observing the mystical door that seem to attract her attention (otherwise ignoring the fact that it was the only thing there in the midst of the white blank space of nothing).

Slowly and carefully Ava extended her hand to reach for the doorknob. She swallowed. And she clenched her hand around the knob and turned.

*Clunk*

The door was locked.

"What the FUCK? Shit's attracting me and it's motherfucking locked? The hell is wrong with this place?!" Ava screeched.

Pissed off, Ava began to rattle the doorknob vigorously. She pounded on the hardwood yelling it to comply and open. After several minutes, Ava got worn out of her anger and sat down leaning against the now damaged door.

What the hell. Where is this place? I'm I really dead? How about my parents? How about all the crappy hours I spent wasting my life studying because of medical school? Did I manage to save the girl?

Numerous thoughts about her life, and her current situation clammed up Ava's mind. The accident before she blanked out, her childhood friends, her family, her aching memories of being forced to do things she didn't want to do, all of it came to haunt her, calm her, and succumb her. Being abruptly brought into this place, unknowing if she is alive or not had finally taken its toll and Ava began to feel tears escape her eyes.

"Where am I?"

Am I really dead?

She cried.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Sniff. Sniff.*

Okay. Done crying my fucking eyeballs out, now what am I supposed to do?

Ava, now tired from her previous moment of sadness and depression, turned to face the door again.

So... Why is this here? Ha. At least it looks beat up. I could destroy it? Then maybe it will open?

"I could destroy it. I could DESTROY IT!! Why haven't I thought of this?? It gets damaged every time I hit it, and that means I COULD MOTHERFUCKING DESTROY IT!!"

Ava screamed out her new plan and quickly took action. She readied herself a few feet away from the door. Taking in deep breaths and replaying her soon to be operated mid-air taekwondo kick, Ava counted down from 5.

"5. 4. 3. 2..."

1!!!

"Here I COME!"

Running full force, Ava gracefully exerted her mid-air kick towards the door, smashing it in.

"YEAS!"

I did it! Woah, what's with that bright light?? Wait!! I can't stop myself, I'm going in!! FUCK!!

Ava did not expect the door to break open with one kick, and so she was not expecting nor planning anything that could stop her kick. With the door open, and with both legs in mid-air, Ava was forcefully sucked in into the vortex of white blinding light.

Shit. I really need to think things over.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the late update... I'm in my motherland (SOUTH KOREA) right now because it's summer break and so my parents are taking me EVERYWHERE. It's nice, but it's tiring. I really don't know where I'm going with this story since the plot evolves as I am writing it. The chapters are going to be short - 

1. For Effect 

2. Because I don't do well with writing 

3. I'll probably be busy in the future after break ends.