Chapter 6 - Shisui

After my little 'encounter' with the Uchiha, I train some more and head home.

The sun makes its way to the other side of the Konoha, sinking slowly on the horizon. A reddish-orange hue decorates the sky with a tinge of purple hinting the oncoming darkness of the night.

One thing I really appreciate being reincarnated is this view. I rarely remember a time when I could leisurely look up at the sky... The world was so busy, trapped in the screens of those gadgets.

I stop walking and take a minute to admire the sky. A little spark of nostalgia hits me as I remember all the friends I've left behind in my past life. The grief was something I always carried with me wherever I go. It didn't really get better as I grew up to realize I was forgetting their faces all together.

Well, aren't I a little sentimental shit...

With a sad smile, I wake from my little trance and continue home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aki Inoue, what an interesting young girl.

It was mere coincidence that he discovered the for, but almost five-year-old girl training on the field. Shisui always liked to take a lazy walk around the village especially after completing a particularly gruesome mission that would scar him for days. When he was walking past training ground number 36, a voice in the back of his head told him to explore. And so, Shisui entered. Then, at the corner of his eye, he saw a sharp shuriken heading toward a marked target. Normally, Shisui wouldn't interfere, but as if fate was beckoning, there happened to be a little butterfly sitting on top of the target.

Ah, if I wasn't as fast as I was, that silly butterfly would be dead.

Faster than the eye could detect, Shisui swiftly caught the shuriken mid-air.

Pretty accurate but too much force in the throw. He frowned and looked up.

Standing a few meters away was an adorable little girl who had the most unique features he's seen in his life.

White hair with magenta eyes? Her parents sure have a way with genetics. She'd be even cuter if she wasn't holding that kunai with a threatening stance... A kunai?

Slowly, but carefully, "Hey, there. Are you training?"

With a quizzical look, the girl snaps back. "What do I look like I'm doing? Who are you?"

Oooooh, we got a sassy one here, don't we? Shisui couldn't help but smirk a little.

"Haha, you've got an attitude, don't you? No need to be so tense. I'm Shisui Uchiha, what's your name?"

She might have heard of me. I am pretty famous... especially with the ladies.

Still confused the girl replies, "I'm Aki, Aki Inoue."

"Oh? How old are you?"

"Four."

Fuck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's short. I know, and I'm sorry.

It's been AGES since I last updated and I wanted to make it at least long... but idk I can't write anymore ;

I'm hoping to upload another chapter soon enough (because I feel horrible) but can't make any promises.

Really, Sorry ㅠ