Chapter V : Countdown

Just before Perry could get exhausted, he checked the pocket watch and saw that it has a crack on its glass case. He tried to rub it, but suddenly, time went back to normal. He then kept on walking while thinking about what happened.

He looked around him and sways his head in confusion. "I t-think this thing has powers," Perry told himself as he walks towards their cafeteria. He then finished the day at school and returned back home with his little discovery.

Perry lays down in his room fast asleep. He's dressed in and covered in a blanket. He squiggles and squirms in disturbance as he was having a dream. He feels strange as he sees the eternal void in his dream. "It's so...dark," the boy said as he turns from side to side.

His voice echoes in the dark space. He begged for answers about the place, but he was confronted by a flickering storm rushing towards him.

- Saturday, December 30, 2028

As soon as the swirl of destruction approach Perry, he suddenly woke up during a thunderstorm. It was about 3 in the morning. The breeze touches Perry in his slumber. It waits to awaken the sleeping lad. While the rain falls hard, the lad wakes up calmly.

"Great...timing. Now all I have to do is sleep again," Perry said as he gazes on the window with raindrops gliding down. He scratches his head as he tries to remember his dream. He tried to sleep again but fails as he attempts to.

*Thunder Claps*

Perry stood up and tries to look on his window. All he can see is a dim wet street covered with fog. The rain showers down; some lightning strikes down. The sky lack any ray of light. Perry then saw someone running down the bright streets. It looks like a person in a worry. The person runs as if he was in danger. 

Perry simply observes the person, however, when the person tried running away, he suddenly stopped, as if he was turned into a statue. The person just poses under the heavy rain. Perry was bewildered when he witnessed it. Then, out of nowhere, a speeding car sprints towards the person in an unimaginable speed.

The car hit the person and then suddenly stopping immediately. The person seems to be dead as the car ran over the person's body. The vehicle also seems to be empty in the angle that Perry can visibly see the transparent windshield.

*Clock Chimes*

Perry was shocked and full of terror as he saw the person getting crushed. "What the fudge?" Perry exclaimed in fear. After a few minutes later, a figure in a jacket approached the car and checks the corpse. He knelt down and holds the corpse's neck for a pulse. He then left after a few moments where he just leaves the scene.

Perry was paused to see the sudden crime that has occurred. His body shivers in agitation and quickly grabs his phone, yet he couldn't do anything. He panics as he tries to find to get himself some help. He calms himself down and tries to get himself together.

"I need to tell someone about this!" he said as he trembles in his room. He tried to go downstairs, but the dark shadows cast fear on the lad. He locked his door and windows. When he peeks back to the crime scene, thunder claps loudly.

As Perry glances back to the scene, the car was no longer there and the body was on the ground laying without life. Perry felt a sudden chill in his spine as he steps back when he saw the horror. "This is so, so messed up," he told himself.

He puts his phone in his pocket and calms himself. He looked outside again and the corpse's still there left to be lifeless. He tried to go to sleep in hopes to wake up later at dawn to be there for the investigation. He pulls his blanket up as he shivers in fear on what he just saw this early in the morning.