Chapter 1

Loren "Lo" Makiyah DeVoe

Loren Makiyah DeVoe is the typical teenage girl who just casually happens to be the daughter of music legend Ronnie DeVoe of New Edition. She doesn't specifically know her background so she just goes by black and white since her dad is black and her mom is white. She doesn't like the attention she gets from being his daughter because she just wants to live normally and be able to do things in public without paparazzi coming up to her and harassing her. She hopes the harassment will die down as she is about to begin her final year of high school and will be attending Rosemont High School. She wants to be an entrepreneur and have her own fashion clothing line. In her free time she is a model and a YouTuber. She's modeled for brands like Victoria's Secret, American Eagle, PINK, and Nike. She's also modeled in magazines like Seventeen magazine and PINK and Victoria's Secret catalogs. She isn't living the perfect life, but things are going good right now.

Keith "Ty" Tyree Powers
Keith is your typical high school student who comes with minor baggage. He is an aspiring actor and model who's had numerous minor roles in major movies like Straight Outta Compton and House Party: Tonight the Night. He's modeled for magazines as big as GQ and Vogue. What happens when he auditions for a role to play the father of who he thought was a quiet girl trying to finish high school.

Ronnie DeVoe
As himself; Loren's dad.

Kay DeVoe
Loren's mom; Ronnie's childhood sweetheart; owns her own shoe line called Kay Soles. Often mistaken for Loren's sister.

------------
Loren took in the sight of her new home that she would be living in for longer than 5 months this time.

She got out the car with her mom and dad and she picked up her pink MCM backpack and walked into the house. She sat on their back deck that led out to their private beach. The moving trucks pulled up soon after and placed her major furniture into her room and placed the other boxes for her room into her new room. About five hours later she finished unpacking her room and hung up her pictures she had taken in different states as memories.

She sat in her window to just reminisce over her life and the changes she's gone through over the past few months. She's now going to be permanently living somewhere instead of uprooting her life and leaving every few months. Shes now going from having a homeschool tutor to going to public school. Shes going to be portraying her mom in the New BET mini series New Edition. & Her YouTube channel just hit 1,000,000 subscribers. She was most proud of this because this was one thing that her parents and their fame had nothing to do with. She was called down to dinner and after dinner spent the rest of the day sleeping and working on more video ideas.
----
*2 Days Later*
Today was Friday. Her first day at public school and officially her least favorite day of that week. After hitting snooze 5 times, she finally got up, showered, put on a little makeup, did her hair and put this on;

Her mom dropped her off at school not before yelling "Have a good day baby" out the window causing other students to look at her

Her mom dropped her off at school not before yelling "Have a good day baby" out the window causing other students to look at her. As she walked into the building she got a lot of weird stares from a lot of the students standing in the hallway. She prayed to god they didn't know who she is and who her parents are. She wanted to make a personal impression on everyone and not let what they've heard about her give an everlasting impression on them before she's even gotten a chance to speak with them. She walked to the main office and got her schedule. She quickly made her way to her first class, English, and as soon as she got to the door frame. "Freshman classes are that way." the teacher said pointing down the hall. Embarrassed, she cleared her throat. "Ye- Yes sir. I am very aware of that. I'm a senior." The teacher apologized for his mistake and told her to take a seat next to a girl named Sayria. The girl raised her hand.

Loren sat next to the girl and kept glancing over at her. She knew this girl from somewhere she just couldn't quite put her finger on it. The girl reached over and rapped Loren's shoulder. "Hey. You're LoRemy on YouTube, right?" the girl named Sayria said. Loren remembered where she had seen her before now. Sayria had a YouTube channel kg her own that she named SayriaJade. Loren had watched her video plenty of times. "Yeah and you're SayriaJade." Loren said smiling and pointing towards the girl. "That's me." she said proudly smiling. The girls discreetly discussed their YouTube channels together and Sayria invited Loren to sit with Sayria and her friends at lunch.

She got to lunch and sat down with Sayria and Sayria's bestfriend Laramie. Laramie was only a junior but was supposed to be in the 12th grade with them but fell behind one year when she was out of school due to her being pregnant. She conceived her babygirl through a rape and her first sexual encounter, but that doesn't make her love her daughter, La'Nya, any less. Laramie wash open about her past because she didn't really care anymore. Sure the most horrific things have happened to her but she embraced them because those traits are what makes her the woman she is today. Shes heard every insult in the book. "Slut.""Whore." None of these words bother her because she knows who she is and her daughter is truly a a blessing so she finds no reason to conceal her daughters life.

Add they were sitting and eating and getting to know eachother, this group of obnoxiously loud boys walk in joking and laughing about one of the guys' encounter with the school slut.

Loren found the words coming out of their mouths to be disgraceful, but not exactly the mouth they were coming out of. The one in the center of the boys, and the most attractive guy she had yet to see on campus, caught her eye and she instantly regretted making eye contact with him. Those eyes; she'd never forget them. They went to acting camp together when they were 8 years old and never seen eachother again. That was until the Straight Outta Compton movie premier when they crossed paths again only to never meet again until today. She prayed to god he wouldn't recognize her being they have seen eachother in over 4 years. If he recognized her, then everyone would know who she is. She did not want that to happen. She wanted to silently move through her senior year, graduate, and move on. NO DISTRACTIONS.

She wasn't so sure her fool proof plan to end high school perfectly would go as planned.
-------
🎆NEW BOOK🎆
❤Please excuse any mistakes ❤
Date: 7/1/17
Word count: 1196
-BestofKayy