Chapter 2

It was the last period of the day and she sat in the row of desks right beside the window. She heard the rest of the students spill into the room and heard the desks around her being filled. She looked over and saw Keith sitting in the seat next to her. He thought she looked familiar but knew he was seeing things and didn't know her from anywhere. Loren hoped he didn't recognize her because the attention she would receive for her parents is something she didn't want. She knew there was a good chance he didn't recognize her because the last time they seen eachother, her hair wasn't dyed the way it is now, she had these really thick poindexter glasses, pimples on her face, and braces on her teeth. She cleared her mind as she focused on the math teacher who was teaching things she learned last year.

She glanced out of the window on her left side and watched as the cars went past. She was just thinking about her life and the new projects she was about to embark on. She was knocked out of her thoughts by Keith tapping her shoulder asking her for a pen. The first day of school and this kid doesn't have a pen? And he's doing math in pen at that. She brushed it off as she went into her bag and pulled out a blue pen. "Thanks gorgeous." he said causing her to turn and look at him with a look that said "excuse me" while he smirked and winked at her and continued on with his work.

She turned back as she completed the worksheet the teacher had just handed out. She finished early and packed up. The class was very talkative and she wasn't allowed to put her headphones in so she just went back to looking out the window. She was once again tapped by the same person. This time he was looking to start a conversation. "So what's your name. Why don't I know you?" Uhh.. He does know her. She was thankful he didn't recognize her and she wanted to keep it that way so she just told him her middle name. "Makiyah." she blandly said. "That's a beautiful name." he said. She blushed. She couldn't deny the crush she had on him since they were younger, but she didn't want to compromise her confidentiality so she just simply replied "Thanks." "So.. Makiyah," he started. "When can I take you out?" "Uhh-" she started but was cut off by the bell ringing. She got up and thanked the lord the bell rang because she didn't have an answer. She honestly didn't know why she was trying to not be noticed. She knew once the New Edition mini movie came out, she'd be bombarded with people. She just decided to put that thought off. She walked outside to her moms car that was waiting for her. "Hey mom." she said getting in the car reaching over to give her mom a kiss on the cheek. "Hey babe. How was school?" "Surprisingly normal. Nothing like I expected high school to be. No fights. I didn't see anyone getting bullied in the cafeteria, so that's good. Right?" Her mom chuckled at her humor. "Right sweetie." she said pulling off. The car ride was comfortably silent, nothing to be heard except for the radio which was lowly playing This Is What You Came For By Rihanna and Calvin Harris. They pulled up to her house and she got out going straight to the kitchen. She walked in there seeing her dad on the laptop sitting at the table. "Hey Dad." she said placing a kiss on his cheek. "Hey princess." he said smiling at her. "What are you doing?" she asked while going into the refrigerator. "Getting ready for the New Edition auditions tonight." She had totally forgot that the auditions for Ralph, Ricky, Bobby, Michael, Johnny, and her father Ronnie was tonight. "Oh yeah. I forgot about those." "Oh well now you know. You coming with me?" he asked. "Yeah sure. Wanna see the guy I gotta be kissing." she said laughing at her father's facial expression. "You're pushing it." he told her as she continued laughing. "Well grab you're things. Wanna get there early to meet with my brothers. Haven't seen some of them in a few years." he said. She jumped excitedly. "Uncle Mike and Ralphie will be there!?" "Yes. And if you wanna see them you'd better be in my car before I get to 0. 10-9-8-7..." Loren took off sprinting towards the car. He came out the house not soon after and they were off.

*At the auditions*

They got out the car and Ronnie led the way into the building. As soon as they got in they saw Ralphie sitting in a directors chair with his back turned. "UNCLE RALPHIEEEEE!!" Loren yelled running in his direction. He stood up and opened his arms to catch the petite 17 year old charging towards him. Ralph was like her second father. He was even in the delivery room when she was born. He caught her and embraced her in the most passionate hug that was foiled with "I miss you's" and love. He gently placed her down as he embraced Ronnie in a brotherly hug. They caught up on lost time and pretty soon it was time for the people auditioning to come in. For their audition they had to sing and act out a scene from the movie. They were lined up outside and one by one they came into the studio and auditioned. Loren listened to a few of them but when their audition went bad she payed no attention to them. She felt bad that their audition went bad but hey, that's the entertainment industry. A lot of doors get slammed in your face and you get knocked down but it's up to you to get back up. She watched a few more auditions and then this one guy came in. His looks left Loren speechless. She locked her phone and gave his audition her undivided attention. His name was Algee Smith and he was auditioning for the older role of uncle Ralphie. He caught her gaze and smiled at her before beginning his audition. When he sang and she heard his voice, her eyes stuck to him like they were magnetically attracted to his. He acted and when he was done with the audition, he walked out and winked at her. She blushed and looked away as she got up and made her way to the table where the real New Edition was sitting at. "What'd you think?" Ronnie asked his daughter raising an eyebrow. "Well, I think he's the best I've seen audition for the role since the auditions started." she truthfully answered. "Yeah, definitely." they all said almost in unison. "Well let's continue." one of the producers said. She walked back to her comfy seat. The next person to audition walked in and she couldn't believe her eyes.
----------
❤Please excuse any mistakes❤
Date: 7/3/17
Word count: 1196
-BestofKayy