Chapter 3

Her eyes met his.

Mr. Keith Powers. His eyes filled with confusion,her eyes filled with horror and embarrassment. She looked like a little kid who had been caught with her hand in the cookie jar. He brushed it off and proceeded with his audition. He didn't need any distractions. He sang and she was completely blown away. She never expected him to be the singing type and he had a pretty damn good voice at that. He also had to rap since he had to rap in the movie. He rapped her father's verse in Poison. Since they don't allow people in and out the room during an audition, she waited until he was done and walked out the room. She was pretty hungry at that point. She grabbed her wallet and quickly ran out the room before Keith got a chance to come up to her. On her way out she ran into the muscular chest of a man who only stood 5'7 but still towered over her 5' figure. She looked up and met gaze with the man who had only auditioned a few minutes ago. He smiled. "Hey." she said nervously tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. He chuckled at her cute nervousness. "Hey. What's you're name?" he asked. "Uh- Loren Makiyah DeVoe. But some just call me Loren. Or just Makiyah. Sometimes maybe even Lolo. Or Kiy-" she nervously rambled before he cut her off. "Well. It's nice to put a beautiful name to a beautiful face." he said taking her hand into his. "It's a pleasure to meet you.." He kissed her hand. "Loren Makiyah."

At that point bet face was on full blush. "Uh.. s-so what's you're name?" she asked looking up at him. "I'm sure you heard it in there. My name is Algee." She smiled at the way his own name rolled off his tongue. "Well, Algee," she was feeling pretty bold. "I was just going to get something to eat. Wanna come with?" she asked looking at him, hoping he didn't decline her gesture being that she doesn't do this very often. He looked at his watch. "I got called for the callbacks and they start in a half hour." he said looking at her uneasily. "That's plenty of time to go there and come back. Besides if you're with me you have nothing to worry about." she said smiling. He shrugged his shoulders and hoped in. "I'm new around here, where are some good spots to eat at?" she questioned pulling out of the parking lot. "In-n-out isn't far from here." she smiled. Shes heard of In-n-out before and had always wanted to try it. They got their food through the drive through and drove up to the hills and parked at a spot that you could see all of LA from. The sun was beginning to set so the sky had this assortment of pinks mixed with orange and yellows and the blue of the rest of the sky that didn't begin to set yet. They hopped on the hood of her car and just talked for what seemed like forever. They talked about their childhood's, what were their aspirations in life, who they'd be playing in the movie. She even told him that Ronnie DeVoe was her dad and he revealed to get that the director was his godfather. They promised to keep ur a secret to prevent controversy. Before the sun could fully set, they began to bake their way back to the studios. They were back just in time. They were re-auditioning the people who got called back for the role of Mike. They narrowed it down to Bryshere Gray. Loren never meet bomb before but recognized him from one of her favorite TV shows Empire.  Before Algee went in, they exchanged phone numbers and hugged eachother. She wished him good luck and he nodded in to catch up with the rest of the people who got called back for Ralph's role. She stood outside and watched them audition. She was knocked out of her thoughts by a tap on her shoulder.

She looked up and saw Keith. She tensed up and thought of a way to avoid the question she knew was on his mind. "Uhh-Hey. What are you doing here?" he asked her. She nervously looked around as she thought of any excuse other than the fact that she was Ronnie DeVoe's daughter. He thought she looked familiar but just couldn't think of where he knew her from. When she was born get parents decided to keep her personal life or if the headlines so very few people knew who she was. He didn't know it yet, but he was one of those few people.

"I Uhh- I'm Uhh- I'm in the movie! Yeah I'm in the movie." She said a little embarrassed that she hadn't thought of the only real reason she's here. "Oh really? Who are you playing?" "Kay DeVoe." she said nothing get tongue, wishing she didn't just say that because of the fact that Keith was auditioning to play Kay's husband,and Loren's dad.

Geez. Loren never thought of how creepy it'd be when she has to kiss someone portraying her father.

After about 5 more minutes of awkward small talk, Algee walked out of the room with a huge smile on his face. "I GOT IT!!" he yelled at Loren jumped into his arms for a hug. Yeah they just met, but they've talked about so many things that connects then on a deeper level, she feels like she's known him for years.

"OMG, i'm so happy for you!" she said trying to calm him down being that they were in a claustrophobic little hallway, while still trying not to kill his vibe. "I'm happy for myself too!" he says causing her to laugh. Keith cleared his throat. "I'll-uhh- I'll see you tomorrow Loren." he said walking into the room with the rest of the guys that got called back for her father's part. "Soooooooooooo......." he said capturing her attention again. "Let's celebrate tomorrow night. Dinner on me." he said with that bright smile on his face. "Uhh, yeah definitely. See you tomorrow." she said walking away.

And see him tomorrow she did..
---------

❤Please excuse any mistakes❤
Date: 7/10/17
Word count: 1067
-BestofKayy