A wife

I enter with a huge smile on my face. I feel nervous that am having a hard time speaking. Yet as I enter the room something doesn't feel right or it might just be me. His office are filled with book countless of book's am even stepping on some I have to clean up this room today. As I look towards Terry not once did he look up towards me he seemed trouble. I hope is not financial problems or is it he's father again?What ever it is I most be positive and help him in any way I can!

"You wanted to speak to me,dear?", I said in sweet and loving tone.

He didn't speak instead he let out huge annoy sigh. Which left me confused? Was he annoyed at me? Was it my tone? Was it me? I hope I did nothing wrong I been working so hard to be perfect I never once annoyed him. There most be something wrong with me. I struggle to speak,but nothing come out I try my best to smile.

" Terry? What is it?", I said under a nervous smile.

I moved next to him and kneel down my hands reach out to hold he's strong warm hands. He doesn't reject my touch that is a good sign. Something does seem to be troubling him for he's not looking at me.

"I have some news"

He's voice was to low that I would barely hear what he said,but I know I shouldn't ask again if I do ask again it means I wasn't listening and I want him to know I am listening.

"What is it?"

He let go of my hand and looks away from me. Am beginning to worry he never has trouble telling me what is wrong?We both can say what ever needs to be said with no trouble at all,but......I have to tell him that what ever is wrong it's going to be okay and that I am here to listen.

"Terry"

I slowly stand next to him and hold he's hand in mine. My head is leaning on he's shoulder and for a while we don't say a word to each other we hold each other as if there is none but us both and that's how I like it just you and me Terry nothing none else is here. My eyes lock into he's eye's and we both let out a smile.

"Oh, Bell"

He almost sounds like his old self,but he seems scared to tell me. Before I can ask him again what is wrong he's lips touch my small soft lips. Yet he doesn't kiss me for long and he let's out a tierd sigh. Am left confused I can't help,but to think it was me. Am I the problem?

"Terry did I do something?", I asked trying to not sound hurt.

"No! No,no is not you Bell it's..."

"Well am sure is something we can work-"

"They are bringing me a new wife", he's voice was not calm he sounded puzzled.

No words come out of my lips. Another wife? Why would he need another wife? Sure I seen men with more then nineteenth wife's,but Terry doesn't need another wife! He is fine with just me and the others! I don't see how we have room for another!? I try to speak,but still nothing. Usually I know what to do and say in a situation,but this....this...

"Another...another wife? Wha-what for?", I asked trying to remain calm.

"Are you going to get another wife as in accepted this wife?",my voice sounded hurt I couldn't contain the panic in my voice when I asked the question.

Terry noticed the tone in my voice and moved towards me the moment he was right in front of me I didn't hold back I wrap my arms around his waist and simply held on. I held him as if begging him not to let me go. Am scared and worried of.....the unknown wife he speaks of.

"I have no choice Bella, my father keeps insisting that I should have another wife",Terry kissed my forehead before he lets go of my embrace.

He slowly walked to he's desk leaving me standing silent. I feel a sudden feeling I have never felt before I felt lost,confused and anger...? Why anger? I can't be angry! I slowly turn to look at my husband he is looking through endless amount of paper, but I know he's not really looking or reading the papers. He moves papers around the wooden desk confused on what to do?

I can't let him feel confused or hurt.

" Did your father say why?"

Terry let's out a tierd sigh. I know I should change the subject,but this feeling and I can't believe it again his father is ruining the life that Terry has with me. Curse that old man!

"My father is disappointed that I only have A few children's,he thinks something is wrong with you and the others"

Am not surprised for quite some time he's father would send us to see the best doctors and has been nagging to my sister's and me to bare more children's for Terry. There are times when I want to speak my mind out to that old man,but he is Terry's father and as a wife I most respect my husband's kin. Another reason he speaks in such a way is, because he has nine wife's and each one as brought to light many children's. Terry has sixteenth half siblings and only two are related to him by blood.

"And I know you and I have been trying to have another child,but ever since.....", Terry couldn't finish the words and I couldn't either.

Just the thought of what happened two years ago still hunt me till this day, and at first I was to heart broken to try and have a child,but now that we are trying to have a child it's been difficult and I have to admit that I did feel a bit of envy when Daisy announced that she was with child,but now all I wish is for the best care for Daisy and when the time comes I pray for the birth of her child to have no complications.

"Oh Terry", I said trying to hold back my tears,but this time I couldn't. My tears feel down and down my cheeks creating a small river on my soft cheeks.

Terry ran to my side and held me letting my tear's fall down on he's nice suit.

Yes, Terry should have another wife one who can give him the children's that he needs to continue the family name. I hate the idea of the new wife,but who knows when I'll be able to give him a son?

"Alright, one more wife wouldn't hurt",but it did hurt.

"I knew you'll understand,this is why I always told my father you are the one and only head wife", he said wiping away the tears from my cheeks.

I let out a weak smile I can't let this get in the way of my marriage, for the love that I have for Terry I most,but aside these foolish emotions.

He laid a small kiss on my lips before letting me go and returning to his desk.

"You'll have to tell the others"

The others? To my sister's? Do I really have to? If I tell them will they be shaken by the news? Will they even care? Of course am the head wife and as the head wife I most follow my husband's wishes.

"Yes, of course anything for you...my love",I said as I left his office trying to once again hold back my endless tears.