Chapter 23 Set Fire To The Sky

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn

2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 23 Set Fire To The Sky

Sorin, Sandu, and Anton are all talking over a conference call linkup through their new high tech satellite phones, the girls are upstairs still asleep in the US office. Sandu and Sorin are commenting on how the Werewolf problem has died down here in the states. Anton has just confirmed the same thing on the eastern front. They are trying to figure out what they are up to... knowing that they have not even come close to wiping out all the threat from the group; from the intel they have all received from home base.

It is now going on three months with not one single peep out of them. The last mission they all went out on was just a waste of time. It was only a pack out on a monthly hunt and a reaffirmation of their vows to the Moon Goddess to lead a clean life and protect their way of life. The Alpha as it turned out was a very nice person/wolf, on their side where it came down to the marauding werewolves out to take over the world.

“Sandu, Sorin you should see my new baby she is so beautiful, fast and sleek too!” He was so excited telling his brothers all about his new purchase. “She is blueish/silver with twin ports out the back to ward off attackers both smokescreen and oil slick” Anton was really wound up now. “She does over 230 km flat out if I could find a straight smooth road around to get it up that high and handles corners like a dream.”

“You bought a car? For yourself to drive? I didn't know you even knew how to drive we all have chauffeur for that kind of stuff! Why in the goddess' green earth would you want to drive yourself anywhere?” Sandu asked shaking his head in disbelief not that big brother Anton could see it.

“Until you have experienced it for yourself little brother don't knock it this thing is a work of art and fast like you wouldn't believe. I bet it could outrun even you in a head to head race if we had the place to try it out.” Anton was bragging.

“Fat chance of that hunk of junk piece of metal beating me in a foot race! You know I can outrun anything on the face of this planet hands down even your so called baby. HA HA HA!”

Sandu laughed off his challenge.

They all said their good byes then Sandu and Sorin sat back turned on the wall sized TV to catch up on the NEWS from the MythicalWorldNews channel. It comes on channel 666 for mythical creatures. Then a quick switchover to WorldNews channel on 66 for the human news to see what is going on in the world. Very few if any know about channel 666 unless you are a Protector, an Enforcer, the High Council, or one of their appointed guard trackers sent out to track the Werewolves we destroy every chance we get.

Channel 666 was not very news worthy, all old news we heard last night before going to bed. Same old same old. Switching back to channel 66 we sat there listening for the first twenty three minutes and everything was just like last night boring old news a few murders here and there, a rape, a string of electric cars smashed at a car dealership. Then it came on the news the story we didn't expect up in the windy city; Chicago, IL. Down in the old train yards; down by the water front by a freighter unloading containers. The cable broke. The container dropped from the top of the crane into the water. They had to go fish it out taking half a day. When they opened it up it was packed full of Werewolves all dead. They check the manifest only to find that the entire ship was completely full from the same place loaded with the same cargo. Manikins. Destination, to one of the largest distribution stores in the country.

Just when the officials figured they had caught an illegal import of immigrant into the country they made the biggest mistake. They opened one of the cargo boxes. Out rushes 50 of the meanest, nastiest, werewolves Chicago has ever seen. From there it was just a bloodbath for everyone in the train station. Fifty three workers dead, two crane workers dead, and twenty eight truckers waiting on their loads of box cars, all killed and mangled.