The Train

Everyone from Dauntless started cheering, while Erudite stayed silent. You didn't look at your parents, you felt so guilty but you were also proud of the choice you made. You walked over to the dauntless members. You had a moment of courage and took off the glasses you were given to look smarter and tossed them behind you. They Dauntless cheered louder and you couldn't help but grin. Every other faction was scowling. And you tried not to be bothered by their disdain. 

     After the ceremony all the dauntless started running, and you knew what was going to happen. You'd seen them leap onto the trains, and not even blink an eye. But you knew it wouldn't be easy. You started to doubt you could do it. You continued running and tried to calm down. You could do this. You weren't going to fail. Everyone ran past the elevators and started up the stairs. You were in the middle of the pack, not wanting to be over-confident, but also not wanting to be seen as to weak to keep up. Breathing heavily, you exited the building and we're soon running towards the train. The people in front grabbed the handles of the train and swung themselves in. You watched for how they timed the jump, and the dynamics of pulling themselves in. Still thinking like an Erudite.

     Your turn to jump was soon present. Remembering how the other dauntless jumped, you tried to copy their actions. Grabbing the silver handle you pulled yourself up with all your strength and pushed off the ground as hard as you could. You landed on the train floor, smashing your knees on the metal. You grimaced but refused to cry out. You weren't going to be weak. 

     Right after you, a boy, Candor judging from his clothes, jumped and slammed into you. You were knocked back to the ground by his sturdy frame. He was on top of you, his weight crushing you.

     "Get. Off." You choked out.

He lifted most of his body weight off you, but you still couldn't get up.

     "Oh, sorry," he said with mock sympathy and a smirk. He finally moved completely and you scrambled up. you were embarrassed, and the dauntless were laughing. You decided to not let them get to you, and you smiled and went to stand next to the boy who had crushed you. He had dark hair and a really attractive face. Brushing shoulders, purposely, you started a conversation with him, to show you weren't flustered by him falling on you.

     "Your really strong, for a Candor," you began.

     "Well, your pretty bold, for an Erudite." He countered.

     You laugh, "Maybe that's why we joined Dauntless."

     He smiled, "The name's Peter."

     "Peter. That's an original name," you said sarcastically.

     "Well what's yours?" He questioned.

     "Y/N" you said.

     "Hmm, pretty" he said. He was staring at you. You wondered why. You didn't look away from his eyes for a while, but when you did, you pretended you were bored, not embarrassed to have a boy so blatantly staring at you.

     "Here it comes," one of the dauntless yelled. They started jumping from the train doors on to a building. You looked at Peter, and he nodded at you. Together you jumped onto the roof of the building. You scraped you knees again, but not as bad. Getting up you offered Peter a hand, he waved it away. You remembered this was Dauntless, no sympathy. You turned and stood in the group of countless. You stood out in our blue clothes. A man, Eric, someone said his name was, started talking. "So, he said."which of the new initiates are gonna jump first?"

     He gestured to the edge of the building. The new doubtless started muttering. You looked at Peter and he glanced at you. You were afraid, but your Erudite kicked in. You walked forward to the edge of the building and with one glance back, you jumped. You were exhilarated by the fall, not afraid. It was just stupid to assume you'd die. The dauntless might not be as smart as Erudite, but they weren't stupid enough to actually send the newbies to their deaths. Even if there was death at the bottom, at least you died brave. You hit a net at the bottom, and the air went out of your lungs. Soon hands were helping you off the net.

     "What's you name," a tall, handsome man asked you.

     You gave him your nickname, instead of your full name. It sounded cooler. The man raised your arm in the air, and said, "Y/N, first jumper."

     Everyone cheered.