Just a Game

After it got dark, Peter and you headed back down to the dormitory. Peter quickly changed and went to bed. You stayed awake for a while after changing and getting in bed. You smiled to yourself, remembering the roof. But doubt crept into your thoughts. Why would someone you'd just met like you? You started to doubt if he has feelings for you. Eventually you fell into a restless sleep.
     When you woke up Peter was already gone. You didn't know why, he's always a little late for breakfast because he procrastinates getting out of bed. You changed quickly, hoping to catch Peter alone before training. After pulling on a black tanktop over your sports bra, and putting on black pants and shoes, you headed down the large stone hallways to the cafeteria. You grabbed a tray and some eggs and toast. You didn't eat a lot that morning. You were nervous about training, and Peter.
     When you turned to sit down, you saw Peter across the room. You smiled and waved at him. He saw you and completely ignored you. Instead of going over to him like you had planned, you went and sat in a group of other initiates.
     "Hey can I sit with you guys?" you asked small girl with blond hair. Tris that what her name was.
     "Uhh, yah," she answered with a small smile. You returned the smile and sat in the chair next to her. A girl with dark hair and olive skin across from you started to talk with you.
     "What's you name?" she asked.
     "Y/N," you said. "You?"
     "Christina," she replied. "What faction are you originally from?"
     "Erudite. Your a Candor aren't you?"
     "Yah I am. Why'd you transfer?"
     "I'm not as smart as they'd like me to be." you said with a small laugh. "What about you, what made you come to Dauntless?"
     "I don't know, I guess I didn't see my self succeeding there."
     As you ate with them you started to like them more and more. It would be good to have a friend here.
     When you went to train, Peter was there. You kept on trying to catch his eye, but he purposely ignored you. Doubt started to invade your mind again. What if I'm not good enough? What if he was just playing me? How could I be so stupid to think anyone would like me?
     You were pulled out of your thoughts when someone called your name. Its the instructor, Four.
     "Your turn in the ring Y/N," he said in a harsh voice.
     You looked up to see who you were fighting, Molly, the really strong girl, and you gulped. But you steeled yourself and climbed into the ring. You knew you couldn't be seen as weak.
     When you got into the ring you were even more afraid. She looked even meaner close up. Your heart rate picked up, knowing the pain your were about to feel. When the whistle blows you were caught off guard at how quick she attacks. She puncheed you in the face and you were instantly knocked off your feet. Pain exploded across your nose as blood gushed. You struggled to stand only to be knocked down again by Molly kicking you in the stomach. She continued to hit you, making your body scream with pain. Anger started to build. You wouldn't be beaten like this. The Erudite side of your mind kicked in and you spotted the places where her guard was weak. You lashed out and kick her behind her knee, and she fell, catching herself on all fours. You didn't let her get up. You threw yourself at her and started punching her as hard as you could. Anger had consumed your mind. You remembered reading about certain moves where the opponent wouldn't be able to move. You wrapped your legs around her neck, and use all the muscle you had to squeeze, and you had one of her arms held down by both your hands. She tried to punch you with her free hand, but you ignored whatever pain she was inflicting. Her movements became sluggish as her air supply ran out. Her face was turning an inhuman shade of purple, but you were so focused on not losing that you didn't really realize you were killing her. Her eyes started to close and she was barely struggling anymore. You snapped back to reality and realize what you were doing. You quickly released your death grip, and scrambled up. A whistle blew, meaning the fight was over and you had won. But you were not focused on the fact that you had won. You were staring at Molly, who was on her hands and knees as she tried to gulp as much air as she could. You couldn't believe you just almost killed someone. You didn't know you had that kind of rage, and it terrified you. Molly was now wretching over the side of the ring, but her face was starting to turn less purple. You quickly got out of the ring and went over to the sidelines. Some of the initiates complimented you, but you just felt sick. You felt like a monster.