Chapty 12

Kite's POV
(Name) and I have been going all over Heartland but we haven't found a number and (name) hasn't faint which I find good in her case. I look down at the shorter teen as I noticed how much shorter she is than me. A smile comes into her face making me smile as well. I'm not sure why, but I'll ask someone, but I feel as if my world has become brighter. We both have been through a lot but we always had each other to rely on, suddenly the familiar tense air came at (name) and I as I see her stagger back a bit. She turned to me and nodded and I nod back. I whistled and (name) stopped time. Simple as that. We witnessed how time had stopped and everyone froze, we searched around for the one who had the number. I feel a tap on my shoulder as I turn seeing (name) pointing to someone: Yuma.

Yuma turned out way feeling out gaze and I watched as (name) stare at air while Yuma and I had our own stare off knowing what would be taking place. I gave Yuma a cold glare "give me the numbers Yuma" I said coldly. I glanced at (name) seeing that she continued to state at the air.

"Can you see him?"

I turned to Yuma who asked a question "what?" I asked as he points at (name) "you can see Astral, right?" I was confused and thought back. Astral was th a being in Yuma's head that always helped him. I looked at where (name) had looked and saw nothing. Nothing at all.

"Yes."

Was what (name) answered. I looked closer at where (name) had been staring at but still saw nothing. Either I'm blind or (name) is just abnormal. I cleared my throat catching their attention as they look at me "keep your mind on the mission (name)" I stated and (name) nods her head as we were about to lock Yuma onto me so we could duel but someone approached us and stopped us.

"(Name) (last)."

He said as (name) raised her hand with a skeptical look. The man handed (name) a card and left. But on his way I grabbed his shoulder "what do want with (name)?" I asked him as he gave a chuckle "you'll see" and then he left. When he left time went by normally confusing me. I turned to (name) and stood beside her as we read the card the man have her.

'(Name) (last) this is your invitation . Don't act dumb like you always did because it won't work.'

I looked at (name) with worried eyes. Her eyes filled with tears as my body moved on its own by hugging her closely and tightly as I whispered into her ear "you can tell me anything and you can always count on me" honestly... I don't why I said that but I did and I felt (name) hug me back "thanks Kite" she said and I nodded. We kept walking around the city for a bit until the sun had started to set.

(Name) and I looked at the sunset and admired the beautiful colors that went well with the golden sun. Along with the breeze, it was calming. I heard a sigh of relief leave (name) as I turn her way "is everything alright?" I ask with worry and (name) nods as I felt her hand hold mine while our fingers intertwine. I felt my face grow BURNING HOT as I fake a cough "the sunset is pretty" I blurt out "it is, isn't it?" I oh so badly wanted to scream 'BUT YOU'RE FREAKING GOREGOUS!!!!!' but thought against it.

After our (failed) mission we head back to Heart Tower and went to visit Hart. Once we arrived to the very top (name) ran to Hart and hugged him tightly "hey Hart!" (Name) exclaimed with a wide smile "(name), what are you doing?" Hart asked. I went up to them and hugged them too "this, my friend, what is called a hug" (name) smiled.

I knew (name) was feeling troubled but she had covered it all up with her smile. I'll have to comfort her later. Or soon. Because I know that's what I want to do. Later that night after putting Hart to sleep I went to (name)'s room seeing she was pressing a few keys on the piano as I towered over her "... may I?" I asked as she nods and scoots over so I can sit beside her. I pressed a few notes as she presses a few that compliments mine. It was as if we were making a song, and I enjoyed it till the very end where we both decided to do a harmony. I couldn't help to imagine bubbles of different colors fly around is as I can just feel the summer breeze and I look around imagining the beauty of the flower fields around us. When the song ends I look at (name) as my face leans closer. I know this moment, I'm going to back up. But I don't, instead I get closer to the point where I feel our lips just CENTIMETERS apart. Just then, when I feel my lips brush against hers my duel gazer rings and we get out of our trance like states.

"Sorry, I need to take this. Good night" I tell (name) "good night" she says back and I rush out of her room with a blush on my face as I clicked the button to answer my gazer seeing it was Yuma. "Hey Kite, can we meet up real fast. I need to ask you something in person?" I sighed and nod my head as I leave the tall building and head over to where Yuma wanted to meet up: the park.