Chapty 14

Later on during that night (name) had become tired and I had offered to carry her on my back but she declined.

"Don't aruge."

I said as I kneeled in front of her with my back facing her. My arms outsretched behind as I felt the weight of (name) on my back. (Name)'s hand gripped my shoulders signaling me to go. I stand up as my hands meet behind my back as they stop (name) from falling. As I start walking I felt (name)'s warm breath on my ear giving me shivers "(n-name)" I breathed out "hm?" She hummed in my ear.

"U-um... Do you want anything before we go back?" I ask, I didn't want to ask if she could stop breathig. WHY WOULD I ASK THAT?! Her breathing, alone makes me feel happy!

(Name) raises and eyebrow at me "no, why?" She asks. I gave off a chuckle "just asking" I answer back. (Name) giggled her beautiful laugh and I couldn't help but to have my voice caught in my throat. In awe, I listened to (name) giggling and I swear I could listen to that even if I had ten hours to live. No joke. ANYWAYYYY!!! I begin the walk in the direction of Heart Tower that was just a few minutes away as I heard soft breathing. I turn my head a bit to feel a weight on my shoulder making me realize that (name) had fallen asleep.

'That was fast!'

I shouted to myself while I continued to walk. You know, it's moments like these that I'm able to appreciate (name)'s existence since I'm busy with helping Hart. It's rare for me to have time to myself without thinking about my missions, but ever since (name) entered my life, I feel more... Refreshed. I'm glad that I met her, even though we didn't meet in the ideal way I wanted between me my new partner to meet. My ideal idea was the introduce myself and just keep a business relationship. But that plan has obviously backfired when my heart decided to make me love her. Im not sure what i fell in love with first. Her shiny (h/c) locks? Her (e/c) orbs that glow even in the dark? Her smile that can brighten anyone's day? Maybe her fighting skills i saw when we first met? I'm not sure. But I know that I've fallen for (name). Hard. Silence filled the air as I walked farther away from the lively people in the lively crowd while the soft breaths of (name) was like a soft melody on my ear until I hear,

"Don't hurt... Tetsuya..."

(Name) whispered sadly. I felt something wet trickle down my neck as I realize that (name) had begun crying on her sleep. My chest began to ache. The woman I loved was suffering from her brother's absence making my smile fall. I wanted to help (name) in any way possible, I wanted to help her the way she helped me. But what could I do? It's not like I want (name) to hide all of her feelings from me. I'm her partner and friend so I want her to tell me.

' But you don't want to be just a friend.'

The voice within my head said with a sinister tone. I glared into the empty air in front of me as I continue walking. But the voice was right, I didn't want to be a friend anymore. But at the same time, I didn't want to rush it. (Name) wouldn't like a dark and evil guy like me anyway. I STEAL PEOPLES' SOULS FOR GOD SAKE! Who would love a guys that steal peoples' soul?

A sad sigh leaves my lips as the depressing thought filled my mind. But it seemed right that (name) wouldn't love me. It made sense. She deserved someone that was kind to her, someone that's there for her, she needs someone that willing to risk their life for her... She needs... She needs... A tear slipped out of my eyes. How funny, I haven't cried in years. A chuckle left my lips but I continue to walk until the moment I managed to get to Heart Tower. I sniffed onced and took a few deep breaths before entering the building as I ignored the lady up front making my way to the elevator that would guide me to the floor I need to be.

Making it to the designated floor, I went to (name)'s room knowing it wasn't lock as I open the door skillfully with one hand while the other continued to support (name). Once the door opened i walked inside and placed (name) on her bed. Her tears had been dried nd replaced with new ones but i had wiped them away and used my hand to carress her face, her soft face. I was surprised when (name) cuddled with my hand making me chuckle and I removed my hand.

I make my way to my room after saying a loving "good night (name)" with a peck on the forehead. I unlocked the door and walked inside the dark room. I go to my bed and see the old picture I had with Hart on my bed stand.

"It's been 4 years since then."

I say to no one in particular. Hart and I lived here when I was fourteen. It's been so long that I forgot what I used to do in the place that I once called home, although I do recall it being a nice cabin. A yawn escaped my mouth and I rub my now tired eyes. Making my way to my bed I laid on the sheets that later on provided me with warmth. My eyes began to feel heavy with sleep as I close my eyes and let my breathing slow down letting sleep take over.