Chapter 12: Boon Companion

It was past eight when they checked out. Nagsimula na ring dumami ang mga costumer na nasa lobby, waiting for their turn. They don't brought much luggage since when they arrive here at the hotel. Tig-iisang bag pack lamang ang kanilang dala. Inside it are their equipments, which they bring wherever they go.

Sa gitna ng paglalakad nila nakatanggap ng mensahe si Erin sa kaniyang phone. The message is written in coded which them and the sender only knows. Nagtinginan ang dalawa nang mabasa ang mensahe. Ila's lips curve due to excitement gayundin si Erin.

"Dalawang araw lang tayo nawala, na-miss agad tayo ni bossing," pabirong sabi ni Ila na sinabayan pa ng nakakalokang tawa.

"Dapat ba tayong ma-proud niyan?" natatawang tugon ni Erin habang binubuksan ang pinto sa driver seat. Si Ila naman ay prenteng nakaupo sa passenger seat. Nakapatong ang dalawang paa sa dashboard. Sinita siya ni Erin subalit tila nagbibingi-bingian si Ila.

Cars were running to and fro, passing Erin's car, as if they were in a hurry. While the two of them, in the middle of a busy street, were running on its average speed, as if they don't quiet mind the person who's waiting them.

The early sun sank undearneath the gray clouds. Whipping the leaves of a tree with its cold air. The clouds at the east already darkened. Looks like any moment, the rain will pour down.

"Dear me, the clouds will cry due to the burden its carrying," Ila mumbled. As what she had predicted, the rain poured harshly over the car's roof. The asphalt street is soaking wet.

Their car past over a waiting shed na napupuno dahil sa siksikang nakikisilong. Tila hindi kinaya ng kanilang mga payong ang lakas ng ulan.

"Poor thing." Ila spat the word as if she really meant it but really not.

After a few minutes of driving, they arrived at a huge institute. Metallic black gate is towering over them. Sa sobrang laki nito ay imposible nang makapasok pa ang magnanakaw. Subalit hindi ito ang kanilang dapat puntahan. Beside it is a public library. Open for all, obviously. They parked their car in a small parking area.

Bags on their back, both ran fast over the pouring rain. Their shoes is now wet.

They quickly open the door dahilan upang lumabas ang malamig na hangin na nagmumula sa aircon. Nanindig ang balahibo ng dalawa dahil sa lamig na yumakap sa kanilang basang katawan. Isinintabi ng dalawa ang lamig at pumasok. Erin's hand, pale as white, trembled after closing the door. She rubbed her hands to give warm over it. Somehow it helps.

Mangilan-ngilan lamang ang nasa loob. They are busy reading over a book, as if they were too engrossed with the book they're holding.

Tinungo ng dalawa ang pinto na katabi ng librarian. It is located at the right edge portion of the area. The librarian is tall and slim and eyebrows is on fleek which look her more strict. She looked up when she saw 2 pairs of shoes covered with mud. Upon seeing their face, she nodded but they both heard her mumbled, "What a filthy creature they are." Ila almost rolled her eyes on her.

The door leads to a confidential room which stores confidential controversies and or books. Only a few are allowed to be here. They must have the librarian's permission and the reason must be valid and has a permit letter that is signed by their professor and principal, and or any higher official of the community. Well, excluding the two, they needn't to have a permit letter for they belong to a higher ups. Hindi nga lang halata sa kanilang mukha. Pumasok sila roon at nagsimulang umakyat.

"How ironic. This is a public library but the confidential books must not be read in public," Ila muttered.

"Because there a situation that must be keep away from the commoner to avoid chaos," replied Erin.

"Pero 'di ba mas lalo lang nila na-pique ang interes ng mamamayan dahil itinago iyon sa public area pero hindi dapat maaaring basahin nino man unless they have a connection like us."

Erin shrugged. "That's not our business anymore," she replied before opening the door where their meeting is located.

The room illuminated only with red velveted curtain which hangs in either side of the window. The room's covered in red enough to see the silhouette of a person.

On the long table, there sat a man with a few stubbles in his chin and his piercing hazel brown eyes that darted across him. With the help of the dim light, his eyes looks like flared in a flame with the combination color of his eyes and their surrounding. Across him is a man whose hair is quiet long, enough to cover his eyes and has a masculine body that fitted his shirt.

Both man looked at their direction as if they disturbed them in a deep conversation.

"You both looked awful," muttered with a baritone voice. Ofcourse they already knew who it was.

"Awful nice, isnt it?" Ila retorted with a laugh. Waters dripped over their body, they approached him and sat across his direction. Erin sat beside the man whose not familiar to them and to her right is Ila.

"Oscar, beside you is Catherine and beside her is Sheila. Ladies, this is Oscar Abragan, my new employee. He's working under me, not with the business i'm handling." Pagpapakilala nito.

"Pleased to meet you."

"The name sound a hunter which suited your appearance," complimented Erin. The man named Oscar, smiled slyly.

"Thank you, Miss Catherine. Your name sounds regal," came reply by Oscar.

"This is the real awful situation. A sore in my eyes," Ila whispered but everyone heard her.

"Stop throwing barbs, Ila, will you?!" Erin hissed. But it seems Ila didn't heard it for she kept on mumbling on how awful it was.

"So how was my boy?" asked the man with a stubble on his chin with his authorative voice. He then clasped his hands on the table. Suddenly, Ila stopped abruptly.

"Oh! He's excellent with everything yet a fool curious animal," naririnding sabi ni Ila. "Animal, specifically a cat. I'm sure his death will fall upon his hands and not others. You know, curiousity kills the cat."

"Filthy bad mouth." The man warned.

"Just stating a fact, though," she replied while shrugging.

"Yes, he's excellent but I think he should learn on not to venture someone's business. He's curious with everything," mahinanong wika ni Erin. Tumatango-tango naman ang kausap nito.

"Is that so? Only you have to do is to protect him. Kill those person who wanted to harm with my boy. Got it?"

"Protect from what? From the furious monkey criminals? From---."

"Yes. We will."

"Bastos," Ila mumbled

"Oscar will be watching you if you're doing your job great or else you will be sentence to death."

"How awful the consequence is. You're doubting our capability, Mr. Have you not enough trust of us?!" With a furious look, she glared at him.

"That won't happen, i'm sure." Erin smirked.

"I'm looking forward to the three of you."

"Aye, captain." The three of them said in chorus. Kahit na madalas kinokontra ni Ila ang pinagsasabi ng kausap, she would never say no. Lalo na't mataas ang expectation nito sa kanila.