Chapter 31

The journey was a long one and as the sun started to set in the distance, Nel'os landed. Ryraso felt as Nel'os landed, looking up and around a little dazedly. They had landed in a green clearing with a river nearby and no obvious reason as to why, but Dyn'ad and Aw'endo also landed. Aw'endo looking almost ready to fall to sleep on his feet, falling to the ground dramatically.

"No more," Aw'endo groaned pitifully, his wings flat on the ground. Dyn'ad looked down at the boy amused before gently putting Herymi down next to him.

"Is this where we are spending the night?" he asked Nel'os tightly as Nel'os put him on his feet, slightly nervous with how far behind Tai'ray and Eyeri were.

"Yep," Nel'os said rather cheerfully, nodding in a direction.

Following the movement, Ryraso was surprised by what he found. It was a k'nairi tree hut in the tree, mostly hidden by overgrown branches but still there. It wasn't big enough to be a permanent dwelling but instead was a place designed for travelers to use. Still it was strange to see such a thing while they were still a good way from k'nairi lands. Even with the speed Tai-ray and his mates could fly, it was going to take several more days to arrive in the border forest.

"K'nairi traders once flew spread far and wide Ryraso. You forget some did live on human land as well," Nel'os teased able to feel Ryraso's surprise. "It feels like rain tonight so we might as well sleep dry," Nel'os added, a hand running along Ryraso's arm before he tangled their fingers together. "Tai and your boy are safe," he murmured lowly as Dyn'ad started undressing Herymi to look his wounds over. "Why don't you look Herymi over while we set up for the night?" he offered, bringing Ryraso's hand up to kiss his knuckles.

Ryraso nodded, averting his eyes before moving over to Herymi, taking his bag off his back and kneeling next to him. Dyn'ad was sat on the grass, rubbing Herymi's back as the warrior leant against him.

"Aw'endo, come help me please," Nel'os called.

Aw'endo groaned again but pushed himself up of the grass and moved to Nel'os. Nel'os catching him by his armpits and started wrestling with him for a moment, Aw'endo laughing happily. It finished with Nel'os giving him a kiss on the forehead and a tight hug which had Aw'endo's bones creaking.

"Nel'os!" he complained but hugged close to his guardian.

"You ever run off again and I will hunt you down, regardless of orders," Nel'os growled roughly, but the worry in his cover was clear.

"Try not to," Aw'endo said cheekily before kissing Nel'os on the cheek and struggling out of Nel'os' arms to jump up in the air to fly to the treehouse. Nel'os was close behind, yelling in mock anger. The affect ruined by his laughter.

"Cute," Herymi muttered in pain having been watching them to distract himself from Ryraso looking over his injuries. They weren't bad, but they were sore.

"Aren't they just," Dyn'ad smiled sounding content as he lay in the grass next to them, the sun still shining brightly but low in the sky. "Troublemakers the both of them," he chuckled, before leaning forward to rest his chin on Ryraso's shoulder as he worked, an arm wrapping around his waist but not impeding Ryraso in any way.

Ryraso mostly ignored him, focusing on the work in his hands. They were trembling, Ryraso realised. He curled his fingers and nodded at Herymi, shifting to the side to try to escape Dyn'ad. The royal saw through his ruse however and tugged him backwards, trapping Ryraso in his strong arms. Ryraso breathed heavily, Dyn'ad humming a gentle song as he waited for Ryraso to calm down.

"Easy darling," Dyn'ad murmured into Ryraso's ear. His husky voice setting off conflicting reactions in Ryraso's groin which made him feel even more overwhelmed and confused. "I got you," he breathed.