🌸Switched🌸

"Idiot..."

"Naruto, put it down!"

"No, hold on! I need to finish reading it!"

"You weren't supposed to read it in the first place, you nuthead!"

"Naruto!"

"Whoa, careful, Sasuke! You're gonna rip it!"

"It's going to rip if you don't let go!"

"Naruto! Sasuke!"

The only thing that echoed through the cave Team 7 found themselves standing in was the tearing of paper.

"S-Sakura..."

Sasuke and Naruto stared at their female teammate as she stood between them, holding the torn scroll. The ends were still in their hands, but the torn portions were in hers.

"When did you two get so childish?!" Sakura scoffed as she snatched the pieces from her teammates' hands and tried to roll the scroll back up.

"Hn..." Sasuke crossed his arms. He started it...

"Sorry, Sakura..." Naruto chuckled nervously.

"Be more careful next time." Sakura sighed in response, "now let's get back out to Kakashi-Sensei."

"Right." Naruto nodded and ran out to the entrance.

Sakura was ready to go follow, then she noticed Sasuke inspecting the scroll, "Sasuke, let's go."

"Wait." He only took the scroll and looked at the pieces closely, "we're not going to just leave this here."

"We have no idea what it is." Sakura held the pieces in Sasuke's hand, "so just leave it. We don't need it anymore. We'll just tell Sensei what happened."

"It doesn't matter if it was opened." Sasuke looked at her, "we're finishing the mission and getting this back to the village."

"But Naruto ruined things! It's no good!" Sakura held the pieces tighter, waiting for him to release his grip, "just leave it!"

"A mission's a mission!"

"But if they see the scroll like this!"

"Then they'll see it like this, but at least we'll bring something back."

"Sasuke!"

"Sakura!"

Suddenly, before any of them could react, the scroll started glowing.

"What the..."

The two dropped the pieces, but nothing happened. The cave started getting brighter and brighter.

'And whatever you do...' Kakashi informed the team, 'Do not open the scroll, no matter what the circumstances are.'

'What if you've been kidnapped by bandits?' Naruto urged.

'That's not going to happen.' Sasuke rolled his eyes.

'No sweat.' Sakura shrugged, 'it's just a simple C-Rank mission.'

'Yep. You three got this.' Kakashi smiled, 'I have faith in you.'

__________________________

What... Sasuke thought to himself. Where am... Oh... The hospital. But how... Wait, the scroll... Where's Sakura?!

"What the?!"

Huh? Sasuke glanced over to where he heard the voice, but it sounded like his own, "a... Shadow clone?"

"Am I in some sort of Genjutsu?! Release!"