🌸Switched - Part 5🌸

"Good morning, Sakura..." Naruto yawned as he walked up to the training fields and Sasuke was waiting there, "ah, where's Sasuke?"

"I'm not sure." Sasuke looked around, "Kakashi-Sensei?"

"I haven't heard from him." Kakashi shrugged, "should we get started on our mission without him?"

"No!" Sasuke ran up to him, "can we wait just a little longer?"

"I guess."

"Sakura!"

They all turned to see Sakura running up to them. Sasuke ran up to her, "Sasuke? What's going on?"

"Lady Hokage..." Sakura panted, "she figured it out!"

"Finally!" Sasuke beamed as he took off running, "sorry, Naruto! Kakashi-Sensei! This is super important!"

"Oi!" Naruto ran after the two, "wait for me!"

Once they all reached Lady Tsunade's office, they saw her standing behind her desk with a scroll in her hand.

"You figured it out, Lady Tsunade?!"

"Yep. It turns out..." Tsunade chuckled, "you guys were duped on that mission. Your scroll was somehow switched out, and that's what led you into this trap."

"That group..." Sasuke glanced over to Naruto, "there were those wandering villagers that we passed, remember?! I thought there was something off about them..."

"Well." Naruto shrugged, "that sounds like it makes sense."

"Now." Lady Tsunade handed the scroll she held to Sasuke, "in order for this to work, no one else is allowed to be in the room, unless we want to get all our bodies switched all over again."

"We can leave." Sakura gestured to the door.

"No need. Naruto, Shizune, and I will step out. Besides, I have other business I need to attend to. Once you both have switched back, be sure to dispose of the scroll so this doesn't happen again."

"Okay. Thank you so much, Lady Tsunade." Sasuke smiled as she headed to the door.

"You're welcome." She then turned to Naruto, "you need to come, too."

"Aw..." Naruto pouted his lips as he followed her and Shizune out, leaving Sasuke and Sakura alone with the scroll.

"This is it." Sasuke breathed.

"Yeah."

Silence.

"You know." Sasuke smiled, "in its own way, this was kinda fun."

"Yeah, it was." Sakura smiled, then cleared her throat, "you have no idea how long I've stood in front of the mirror staring at you."

"What?"

Sakura chuckled,"that sounded weird."

"No, uh." Sasuke tapped the scroll nervously, "why would you?"

Sakura shrugged, "you're... Kind of attractive."

Sasuke blushed, "ah, really?"

"Sure."

"Oh, wow, aha..." Sasuke was flustered, "S-Sasuke, I don't know what to say..."

"Well." She shut her eyes, "I want to start by apologizing. For taking a few peeks at you--"

"What?!"

She held up her hand to silence him, "and... I also wanted to say... That not only did this experience show me what it's like to live a normal life, not clouded by revenge, but it also opened my eyes."