Chapter 22

A couple of weeks after Gerard told me how Ray felt I went with Alyssa and her friend Liza to go dress shopping. Not only were we shopping for the bridesmaids dresses but we were also getting Alyssa's dress too.

When I got in the car with Alyssa I was so excited. I was sitting in the back since I figured Liza might want to sit next to Alyssa.

Alyssa's co worker Theresa would be driving up on her own to the bridal shop.

After a few minutes of driving we pull up in front of an apartment building. A dark skinned girl with long black hair jumps off a step and gets into the car.

" Girl ! I'm so happy for you !" The girl yells

Then she notices me .

" Hi I'm Liza . Alyssa and I go way back . You must be Ronnie . I've heard all about you ." Liza says

She was talking a mile a minute and I was struggling to keep up . But her personality was friendly .

" Liza our little Ronnie here has a crush on our Ray." Alyssa says

"Aww that's cute." Liza says

" I used to think you liked Ray until I found out you guys were just being friends." Alyssa says

" Yea I'm not surprised you would think that." Liza says

I sat in the back silently listening in on their conversation. They seemed to be really good friends which reminded me of my friends who I haven't talked to in a while .

I saw Nicole and Ashton at school and we talked there but not so much after school . I haven't even talked to Matt and Bailey in a while. I hadn't talked to Wyatt and Maya in what felt like years.

I decided to make a group chat . A chat that would bring my old world with my new world .

Me: hey guys I know I haven't talked to any of to many of you much lately but I just wanted to know how you were all doing.

Maya: I'm good sweetie. How are you ?

Me: I'm good.

Wyatt: Hello stranger . I'm good and by the looks of the previous messages so are you .

Nicole: hi Wyatt and Maya. Ronnie I've missed hanging out with you.

Ashton: I've missed you too.

Bailey: Who are they ? ^

Matt: yea who are they ?

Me: The others above are Wyatt and Maya my adoptive brother and sister and my friends Nicole and Ashton. Guys these two are Matt and Bailey . They're my friends from the dance classes I've been taking .

We talked for a few minutes just catching up and giving updates on our lives. Nicole, Ashton , Wyatt , and Maya were all happy that Gerard was getting married . I told them how happy I was too .

While I was texting away Alyssa and Liza were still talking nonstop. I kind of wished they'd pay attention to me but they're best friends and I'm a couple years younger.

When we finally reach the bridal shop there weren't too many cars in the parking lot so we found a spot pretty close to the door. I put my phone in my bag and together the three of us walked into the store.

There were so many beautiful dresses and I'm sure many worthy of a girl like Alyssa to wear. But we had to find the perfect one .

" Alyssa !!!" Someone calls

We all turn and there's Theresa coming towards us. One introductions were made between Liza and Theresa we made our way to the couch to wait for the consultant .