The Awakening Side Story

This scene takes place in between the moment where Crawford leaves the academy with Ichi and decides to spend the night on the way there. It will unravel the story of the day they went through together.

"Nggnhh..." Crawford groaned rubbing his stiff neck as he woke up.

As a diligent student, Crawford had the tendency to wake up at six in the morning without fail. Even when he is sick or whether he slept or not, he will always wake up at six. It had become a routine activity for all he could remember.

Pulling away the blanket covering his body, Crawford felt around for his glasses and put them. Looking around, Crawford who was still half asleep yawned and rubbed his eyes. "Where am I..." He muttered under his breath.

It was then he felt a mini heart attack, Crawford realized that Ichi was missing.

"ICHIII!!!!" Crawford jumped up and ran out of the tent, incidentally he tripped and toppled over the tent bringing it down with him. Not letting it impede him, Crawford sluggishly dragged on making a bigger mess of the camp before feeling pissed off and untangled the tent that stuck to his body.

*KYAAAA*

"Was that Ichi!!?" Crawford turned pale as he searched for the source of the voice. Following the footsteps he found on the moist ground, Crawford quickly dashed off once more in search for Ichi.

"Fuaahn..." Ichi stretched her body as she woke up. For some reason, she never felt hungry despite how long she sleeps.

After rubbing her eyes and noticing the blanket covering her, Ichi looked around for her surroundings. There by her side before very her eyes, lay Crawford curling up like a ball slightly shivering.

Stifling a laugh, Ichi swiftly pecked a kiss on Crawford's cheek. "Thank you...for not leaving me behind" Smiling, she then blanketed the curled boy beside her.

It was then that Ichi thought of an idea as she bonked her two hands against each other. "Ah! Might as well find something to cook and surprise him" Stepping out into the still dark environment, Ichi once again stretched her stiff body.

"Haahh...The nature free of pollution really is refreshing..." Ichi continued to inhale the fresh morning air till she was satisfied. It was then amongst the sound of nature she heard the faint sound of a stream.

"A river? Ugh...it must be cold...but there's bound to be fish! Maybe i can catch some" Without a second thought Ichi immediately set off following the sounds of the stream.

Moments later, Ichi who wasn't particularly fond of dark places, had a feeling something nice was waiting for her. If not for the fireflies that inhibited the area, Ichi might have probably been lost somewhere in the dark forest. But as she made through the woods, a small meadow appeared before her. It was a beautiful peaceful sight with a small river running across the middle of the meadow, fireflies shimmering as their light were reflected by soft water current illuminating the meadow.

A bright cheeky smile grew on Ichi's face. It was the type of childish smile she would've never shown to Crawford before since back then she thought that he would be annoying is he ever saw her smiling like this. The reason for her smile was because of the plants inhabiting the area. What plants could they be? Of course, poisonous plants!