02

i didn't sleep last night. it seemed like i was the one with insomnia. i stare down at ashton in my arms, his mouth slightly open and his hair brushed over his eyes. he looks adorable. i don't want to wake him.

thankfully, i don't have to. michael opens the door, bursting into song. "good morning, cuties."

ashton groans, sitting up and throwing a pillow at him. "shut the fuck up or die," he warns. michael screeches when the pillow hits him and runs out, callng for calum.

ashton looks at me, brushing his hair back. "you slept well last night," i comment.

"yeah. where were you last night?" he asks. that's the one question, although inevitible, i didn't want to be asked.

"just out. i needed a walk," i lie. but he believes it. he always does. i don't know if it's because he trusts me- he shouldn't- or because he doesn't want to know the real answer. while he gets up to shower, i go to the kitchen for breakfast.

"you really shouldn't wake him. he needs the sleep," i tell michael and he shrugs and continues mixing a glass of chocolate milk.

"maybe if you didn't go out a lot then he would sleep," michaels says and i chose to ignore it. calum walks in then, his hair dripping over the floor.

"get a fucking towel," i tell him.

"get fucking help."

i keep my mouth shut. i did ask for this when i came home completely high out of my mind two months ago. they both promised to not tell ashton. he doesn't need the stress.

when ashton walks in, we go silent. he's used to it by now, though; our worrying. we're always afraid of something happening even though barely anything ever does.

he knows he's being watched.

and i know i'm being watched.