42

"does my hair look okay?" i ask for the fifth time, repeatedly running my fingers through it.

calum groans from the doorway. "you look fine, luke. go get your man." i take a deep breath and turn to him, seeing a huge grin on his face. he gives me a big hug before pushing me down the hall. "go!"

laughing lightly, i walk into the living room to see ashton with his hair curlier than it's been in months. he gives me a warm smile and holds out his hand.

i've been waiting for this moment since i first realized i liked him. its finally happening. i take his hand and we walk off to the car.

"use protection!" michael yells from the door. i flip him off before getting into the passenger seat, ashton in the driver's.

ashton starts up the car and turns to me. "where do you want to go?" he asks nervously.

i shrug. "we could do something crazy like go get pizza."

"why is that crazy?"

"because pizza on a first date is a terrible idea."

"so you don't want to get pizza?"

"i didn't say that."

ashton looks confused as ever, his face scrunched up in thought.

"ash, i'm pretty sure we're far from a normal couple," i say, leaning my head back against the seat.

"is that a bad thing?" he asks, worry clear in his voice.

i give him a small smile. "not at all."