29

"yeah. okay, i'll tell him. are you guys okay? okay. stay safe. bye."

calum hangs up the call with michael and lays down across the bed sideways. i pout and nudge him with my feet.

"mine," i whine jokingly. the past few days have been slow. i was diagnosed with severe depression and minor bipolar depression. they're giving me some medications that i've actually been taking because calum made a deal with me.

if i get better, i can talk to ashton.

so, obviously, i've been doing my best. calum brought in his laptop- which caused a huge fight with the nurses but when he finally told them it was only for movies, they agreed- and we've been watching netflix and some other movies he brought in.

right now, sleeping beauty was playing but i was too focused on calum's phone conversation to pay attention.

"how are they?" i ask when calum pretends to fall asleep. he sits up and scootches next to me on the bed.

"they're doing well. ashton's been doing a lot better according to michael. i think this break was a good idea," he tells me.

"i miss him. that's the only reason i'm doing better," i say softly, laying back.

"i know. but that's good. you're using him to get better. he gives you hope."

"because i love him."

"because you love him."

i sigh softly, looking up at calum. "cal, do you think he loves me?"

"i don't know," calum says with a frown. "you can ask him tomorrow."

"tomorrow?" i ask, furrowing my eyebrow. he suddenly smiles and nods.

"you get to talk to him tomorrow."

[chapter 30 is gonna be very important. and I do have a huge announcement coming in the next chapter as well.]